Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Hmm...
    I love Isolde she's romantic and intriguing. I also love the Izzy nickname for Isolde. My favourite combination is Isolde Heleyne Synneve, I would prefer Sunniva or Sunneva which just feels prettier in attitude, to be perfectly honest but still this combination is prettier then the rest she just has this lovely sunny atmosphere.

Potential combinations from the list of middle names:
    Isolde Brigid Clemency
    Isolde Olwen Sunneva
    Isolde Persephone Winter
    Isolde Heleyne Lucia (I only like the LOO SHA pronunciation for this name)
    Isolde Elbereth Seren
    Isolde Lyonesse Icicle
    Isolde Eurydice Winter

My favourite is Isolde Persephone Winter!!

Other suggestions:
    Isolde Minerva Bronwen
    Isolde Acacia Caroline
    Isolde Cressida Laurel
    Isolde Yvaine Katherine
    Isolde Lenora Simone
    Isolde Elspeth Willow
    Isolde Rosemary Fiachna
    Isolde Wilhelmina June
    Isolde Aria Hannelore
    Isolde Artemis Claire

This was so beautiful to read!! Makes me miss winter!!

Isolde is such a lovely name.. it has such grace

I love Isolde Heleyne Synneve... (sungift is just so beautiful! The whole name is just breathtaking)

I also love the suggestion of Isolde Heleyne Icesis too.

and PS: I LOVED that cinderella version... it was one of my favorites growing up
    "no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing- the dream that you wish will come true..."

sugar and spice and everything nice <3
    Helene | Greta | Felicity | Aprile | Loretta | Heloise| Rosemary | June | Gretchen

slugs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails <3
    Brock | Clark | Ulysses | Thaddeus | Jude | Ellis | Edgar | Archer

TTC #1 since August 2012

Oooh good, already made combos that I just get to vote on. =]

Isolde Natasha Solenne (I really like the lightness Solenne elicits more than the toning down that happens with Clemency in there)
    Isolde Lothiriel Astrid (I prefer Lothiriel with Astrid instead of with Natasha, but honestly this is still my 3rd place vote overall)
    Isolde Heleyne Elbereth (Amoret was close for a biased second, but she's much too pink. My fave combo, all the lovely E's and L's!)
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Yeah, I should probably drop out of college and just comment on name threads for a living.

I guess it's just as well I was late to the Isolde party. The ice and snow imagery is a lovely mental escape from this SoCal heat wave! Perfect timing, really. And a great I'm-locked-out-of-my-apartment activity, too.

Favorite Natasha:
    Isolde Natasha Solenne

Favorite Astrid:
    Isolde Lothiriel Astrid

Favorite Heleynes:
    Isolde Heleyne Amoret
    Isolde Noor Heleyne
    (Isolde Synneve Heleyne has too many E's and Y's. I think Sunniva works better there.)

More combos:
    Isolde Amoret Natasha
    Isolde Amoret Winter
    Isolde Aurora Heleyne
    Isolde Heleyne Winter
    Isolde Natasha Noor
    And it doesn't have any of your favorite three, but Isolde Amoret Noor. I vote for all the Amorets!
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I know Brigid's associations with Imbolc/Candlemas, but all the same, the name is too much blazing forge and fire to me, not enough crunchy snow and starry skies. Heleyne is lovely with that pronunciation. And pooh on Mr. Otter, Lumi is a perfectly lovely name, and will simply be moved onto my own list and away from his criticisms

Love Tinuviel with Isolde, even though I've already fallen in love with the Morgana combo. Ack! So Eurydice is out then? Sad…Isolde Eurydice Astrid was one of my favorites. Well if we're losing Gwyneira and Eurydice, all the more reason for Persephone and Euphrosyne to make the final list! Tee hee…

I disagree with the majority that Snow is just a word name with no depth. Not only is she one of the most amazingly diverse fairytale characters, with interpretations ranging from sweetly trilling homemaker to proud warrioress, but there's a character named Snow in one my favorite books (Solitaire), who is both fragile and brave, who fights the system and never gives up on love, who demonstrates what it means to believe in someone's innocence and to save them even from themselves. It's a deeply moving story!

My favorites of the combos:
    Isolde Elbereth Snow
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter
    Isolde Lothiriel Aurora
    Isolde Tinuviel Aurora
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor
    Isolde Heleyne Amoret
    Isolde Heleyne Elbereth
    Isolde Elbereth Noor

Also loving Emms' suggestion of Isolde Euphrosyne Noor, but then the N's get tangled up. Isolde Noor Euphrosyne?

Ohhhh, and then I read all the way to the bottom, where Natasha OR Astrid OR Heleyne must be used. That makes things interesting!

I'm not a Natasha fan at all, I know too many of them and they're all rather unremarkable at best, and some are downright nasty. Except for Bedingfield, her music is lovely. I will be nice and stop the criticism there, because I love my Otter I like Isolde Lothiriel Astrid, Isolde Heleyne Amoret, and Isolde Heleyne Elbereth from the established lists. It's hard to wrap my head around that pronunciation of Astrid, but I'll give it a go.

Isolde Astrid Euphrosyne
    Isolde Heleyne Euphrosyne
    Isolde Persephone Heleyne
    Isolde Persephone Astrid
    Isolde Gwyneira Heleyne – I know Mr. Otter's not keen on Gwyneira, but this is just magical!
    Isolde Elbereth Heleyne – I love saying this out loud, more so than Heleyne Elbereth. The transition between the two sounds like breathing on the glass of a frosty windowpane to watch the ice crystals form. I think this is my new favorite! I'm stopping right here, just so I can hold that word picture in my mind….
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu