Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My faves:
    Oliver
    Peter
    Henry
    Miles

James is okay, but I don't like any variation of Lucas.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

#1) Lukas - I just like its personal connection for your family, plus it both looks and sounds cool and provides good nicknames if desired, as you said. I picture a good-looking guy, maybe a soccer player! (football in Europe)
    #2) Oliver - One of my all-time favorite names. It is both sweet and serious, cool and classic. Similar to demers, I picture a kind and charming guy (with big brown eyes, for some reason!)
    #3) Miles - It ages so well. I can imagine calling him Milo, Milers, Smilers, etc. as a baby. LOL I picture a more studious guy who loves books and music.

James - is so classic, it speaks for itself. But also, very common.
    Luke - Just doesn't have the spark and interest for me of Lukas.
    Luka - I still have to tell myself that it's not feminine. Prefer it as a nickname.
    Matthew (Matty) - I really, really don't like the nickname Matty. Sorry! First, it sounds feminine to me (Mattie). Matt/Matty...I think of a doormat. I've just never been able to hear the name any other way.
    Peter - I think this would have been my #4 pick. It is an underused classic, but I can't ignore the teasing potential. (Sigh)
    Petar - He would constantly have to correct the spelling which might get really old. Also the first thing I thought was "petard" as in the old phrase "hoist with his own petard."
    Henry - Also wonderful. #5 choice.

My top 3:

James
    Oliver
    Henry

The sound of Peter/Petar has never appealed to me. Nor has Luca/Luka, though I see him as a sweet, sweet boy.
    Miles is nice but I much prefer Milo!

Top 3:

Henry - such a boyish, stylish, handsome, versatile name. A wonderful choice, you can't go wrong with Henry!
    Luka - my favourite of the Luke/Lukas/Luka names, by far! It is at once gentle, manly and handsome.
    Miles - another soft-yet-strong choice. It's an approachable, friendly sort of name. I think a boy would like being named Miles.

Runner up: Lukas - I prefer it with the K!