Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    My favorite would have to be Matthew. I had a brother who passed away and this was his name. It is such a beautiful name. I have never met a matthew who was not handsome and kindhearted.

I would have to put Lucas up there too. I live this name because Lucas is so cute for a little boy yet Luke is so appropreiate for a gtown man.

and Miles. I always find myself back at Miles. There is just something cool and laid back that I just love. If my husbands name wadn't Kyle than one of my boys would certainly be Miles

I love your whole list, each name is very attractive in it's own light

James
    Henry
    Miles
    Peter

Classic, handsome-sounding names. You can't go wrong with any of these.
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Luke
    Luka (euro spelling)
    Matthew (Matty)
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zac/Eero/Reeve/Rafferty/Evander/Otto/Ralph/Otis/Rupert

Hattie/Reeva/Matilda/Winnie/Priya/Lola/Indigo/Thea/Mela

Just out of curiosity, where in Europe is Petar the preferred spelling? I've researched European variants of Peter, for a story I hope to write in the future, and not once have I come across Petar! I've come across Peder and Pieter and Piero and Pierrot and Pierre and Pietro and many other variants, but I've never seen Petar? Unless you know where it's used, and you identify with that nationality, I would probably stick to Peter (which also happens to be the German spelling).

If I had to pick a top 3 from your options, I would pick Peter, Henry, and either Lukas or Matthew. I don't care for Lucas, but something about the European "K" makes it so much more appealing. I think Lukas is quite cool.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where in Europe is Petar the preferred spelling?
    Behindthename.com says that Petar is the Serbian, Croatian, Macedonian, and Bulgarian form of Peter.

My faves are:
    Lukas (I like that it connects with the Eastern European heritage, but is very useable)
    Luka (same as above)
    Matthew
    Oliver

Not sure if your DH still has family in Eastern Europe or not, but I think the top 3 would be easily recognized and pronounced throughout Europe.
    Gareth: 05.2012
    Baby #2 04.2014