Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tristan or Owen

Definitely Tristan, it's been my favourite boys' name since I was 12. Owen's all right too, though I prefer Rowan.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Owen, definitely.
    Rowan is getting used a lot for girls these days, stick with Owen.
    And if you choose Tristan, I am not a fan of paring them together...Tristan Owen has too much repetitive en/an sounds with the endings. I think I'd pair Tristan with something solid and classic, like Tristan James...same goes for Owen. Owen Charles, something like that.

Both a great names but Tristan has the leading edge for me. It's important to follow your gut too, if you think about each name & ask yourself if there is one you would regret using, more than the other - that is the winner .

I personally prefer Owen, but can't seem to come up with a concrete reason as to why that is. Both names are lovely though. Congratulations!

I love Tristan! Romantic, dashing, a bit medieval (I love the nod to the Arthurian legends). I agree with miche, Tristan Owen is a bit repetitive. What about Tristan Oliver?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy