Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I haven't read it, just heard good things about it, but check out Expecting Better by Emily Oster. It is all about this kind of question.
    Mama to my boys, the 'twinadoes', and a little Tingeling.

My OB said two cups a day was fine, I drank one cup max in the first trimester and 1-2 after. I drank half-caff sometimes so I felt like I was drinking more coffee than I really was, mind games make a difference.
    Olivia Józefa: July 2013 . Expecting #2: July 2015

Pre-pregnancy me used to drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day (oh the life of a teacher), but once I found out I was pregnant I limited it to 1-2 cups a day. My doctor told me that three or four cups a day was fine, but recommended they not be in close succession of each other. I just went to 1-2 cups partially because I am taking a year off from teaching and partially because I just feel healthier when I'm not consuming so much caffeine.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

With all of these pregnancy no-nos the risks aren't incredibly high. 3 cups of coffee a day, a glass of wine each evening, sushi every Wednesday & lunch meats & such are probably not going to hurt the baby, but if the pregnant lady indulging in all of these things ended up having a miscarriage she might spend the rest of her life feeling guilty over the Starbucks & the spicy tuna rolls. Personally, I drank a few cups of coffee most days while I was pregnant. I was young, healthy, fit, ect and it didn't do anything bad to me or my daughter. I was told that 1 cup a day was OK. I think you should ask your doctor for more info & gauge how seriously they seem to feel about caffeine intake.

I always heard one cup a day. Can you switch to decaffeinated coffee?
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) , Mary Claire (06/12) and Margaret Rose (05/15)