Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Pick what you love and what feels right. Fashion is almost unavoidable.

Ignore it. I feel the same tension because I'm a big name nerd and spend time here so I feel like I should pick something really interesting when the time comes, but my ultimate favorite names are Jack and Lucy, which are pretty popular. I think you shouldn't allow this place to influence you to do something you like less.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

At the end of the day, I think choosing a name you love always outweighs choosing a name that isn't popular.

I love the names Isla and Grant, and I'm sure your next little one will be named just as beautifully.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I wouldn't worry about the popularity either. I tried to stay out of the top 100 mostly, but I didn't with my 4th daughter. I think the most important thing is that you love your child's name.

Names aren't as popular as they are made out to be.

About 1% of girls are named Sophia. That means out of every one hundred girls there will be one Sophia. In a large high school with five hundred kids per grade, than one grade would have about five. That does sound like a lot, but that is for the top name.

The SSA doesn't list percentages for state lists, but Isla's equivalent, the name ranked 55 nationally (Khloe), is the name of about .2234%. That's one fifth of the girls named Sophia, which means out of five hundred girls, one is named Khloe.

I'd also pay more attention to the combined lists if you are worried about the 'true' popularity of a name. Here is a collection for different years by Name Nerds.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~