Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think you've gotten a lot of great suggestions. I think Renee is lovely--there's also potentially Anastasia? I believe it means resurrection? Although it seems almost more like you want your baby to be the grandmother reincarnate or something. Anastasia is lovely, though.

I think it just comes down to how you want to honor her memory. I LOVE flower names because my earliest memories of my mom were her in her garden. Liliana, Violet, and Poppy are on my list already, and I'd love to fit Zinnia, Daphne, and Iris on there, as well. I like the option of using Rachel Evangeline for my sister (who is Rebecca Eileen). I like the option of using Sofia for my other sister (whose "Spanish" name in Spanish class was Sofia), and Lily for my grandmother (the last gift she gave me before she was laid to rest was a lily), Avery for my sister (whose name means "Christ's birthday" and Avery's meaning has to do with elves... I like the tie to Christmas) and my grandfather (who has several Averys far back on his family tree), Violet for my grandmother and father (whose birth flower was the violet) and my other grandma (whose favorite color is purple), etc. I'm honestly not a fan of most of my family names, so I usually honor them in roundabout names. The only family name I know I'd use just as it is is Grace. It's my grandmother's mn; I adore it, and I'm about 98% sure it will be somewhere in my first daughter's name. It would take a lot to keep me from using Grace!

I like @essjay's suggestion of "Flora", too--my mom always wanted a little boy named Charlie, but my dad hated Charles, so she never got one. I really love Charlie, and the tie to my mom, so it's on my list at the moment (although I'm thinking of just leaving it as a middle, as I'm loving, and seeing me with one, it less and less).

Did she have any hobbies? When was her birthday? Do you know what any of the names she liked were? If she didn't like her name, do you know if she ever had a name she just wished she was? etc? That could provide some inspiration. Or you could just use her initials. There's many ways to honor family; you don't have to use the exact name.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Anastacia- means reborn
    Sunday
    Carden -related to the word garden, related to planting, roots, thus symbolizing a new beginning
    Osiris or Iris-Egyptian God that was reborn each year
    Lissa-rebirth
    Phoenix