Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Born on Past Mothers Birthday - Name?

So if a baby is born on the birthday of a dear past loved one what name would you give them in association to that without giving them their actual name.

Ex: Renae means Reborn

1) id spell Renee the traditional way instead of make my child go through like correcting people

2) using a name with meaning is my favorite option because i think renaming happens to often and can feel lazy and like a cop out

3) using a VARIATION of that name, example building off your Renee suggestion: the Twilight invention Renesmee
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Personally I'd just use their name if I wanted to honour them, as a first if I like the name, or middle if I'm not crazy about it!

Thank you orphanedyou & orange.. natural I thought it was very thoughtful how you consisted alternatives.

If I didn't want to use their actual name, I'd consider a variant/nickname: eg Margaret could be Maisie, Margo, Greta, Margeurite...

I'd also think about their hobbies and background - if your mother was a gardener a flower name could be a nice way to honour her, if she lived on the coast you could use a name that meant 'of the sea' or something. Or if she came from a place that could be used as a name - obviously you wouldn't name your baby New York Smith, but something like Charlotte Smith, Lincoln Smith, even Washington Smith (a little pretentious but could work well as a middle)

Or was there a name she always loved but never got to use? If she never got her little Flora because her husband hated the name it could be a nice touch if it's a name you like as well.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George