Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Common Natalia - Lords bday or just bday?

Is Natalia really that common, esp amongst all the little natashas, & natalies?

Also does it really mean lords birthday & better for holidy use or does it just mean birthday or something else?

Well it is quite common in places like Poland, Chile & Spain. I wouldn't say it is common in the US/UK but it is relatively popular. As for the meaning Natalia is a variant of Natalie so it means "Christmas Day" from Latin natale domini. That does not necessarily mean the name should only be used for someone born around that time. I doubt many people know the meaning, and even if they did it isn't as stigmatised as Rudolph or Nazareth.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine kid View Post
    Well it is quite common in places like Poland, Chile & Spain. I wouldn't say it is common in the US/UK but it is relatively popular. As for the meaning Natalia is a variant of Natalie so it means "Christmas Day" from Latin natale domini. That does not necessarily mean the name should only be used for someone born around that time. I doubt many people know the meaning, and even if they did it isn't as stigmatised as Rudolph or Nazareth.
    Ditto this, though I remember it being "Born on Christmas Day". Either way, it's in no way reserved for that time of year.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Natalie comes from natale which simply means birth. But it's come to be associated with Christmas because of natale domini, the reference to the birth of Jesus.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Common? I know of ONE Natalia! Love the name. I also know one Natasha, and two Natalies. Not a lot! I would absolutely go for it. Gorgeous name!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *