Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name combo is your favorite?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seneca Rose

13 28.26%
  • Seneca Violet

3 6.52%
  • Seneca Juliet

2 4.35%
  • Allegra Violet

9 19.57%
  • Allegra Genevieve

8 17.39%
  • Allegra June

9 19.57%
  • Aria Aberdeen

3 6.52%
  • Aria Emerson

14 30.43%
  • Alexandra Emerson

6 13.04%
  • Alexandra Aberdeen

6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I voted for Alexandra Emerson. I prefer Alexandra Rose, but that wasn't an option. I think Alexandra is a beautiful name and will wear well from childhood to adulthood. It also gives her a lot of nickname options should she choose not to go by Alexandra in the future.

Seneca Rose got my vote. I think it is really pretty and I love that it is not often heard.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I also vote for Seneca Rose! I love its uniqueness and the women's rights meaning stemming from Seneca Falls. I don't think it is "too unusual" in today's baby name world! A lot of people may not know what it is or what it means, but it is easy to pronounce and sounds similar enough to other commonly recognizable names like Jessica.

I would have the exact issues you mentioned with the other 3 names although all are pretty enough in their own ways.

I love Allegra! I don't think of the medication; it just sounds like a beautiful name. Seneca would be my second choice, followed by Alexandra.

Aria is pretty, but if you don't want to hear it on the playground, this is the wrong choice. This name is skyrocketing.
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by bucksam View Post
    Our last is Samuall, and Violet and June are family middle name options we're considering.
    Ooh, darn. I would have said for sure Seneca, but Seneca Samuall... I don't know. For me, that's a little too much on the alliterative side.

And I really love Allegra, too. It was one of my first name-loves way back when, and then when that darn allergy medication came out and I saw a commercial for it, I was so bummed!! It's a beautiful name and never should have been used for a drug. Ugh. For me, the drug thing is a deal-breaker. For me. If you're sure it won't bother you, then it should stay in the running.

Alexandra and Aria really don't do it for me.

Now I'm starting to second-guess myself about the alliteration thing with Seneca... maybe it's a non-issue. It really is a great first name.

One thing to keep in mind is that while you have some lovely middle names on your list (Violet, Juliet, Genevieve, Aberdeen), the 3-3-3 syllable pattern for first, middle, last doesn't have the best ring to it. If that matters at all to you.

The only name I absolutely do not like is Emerson, even in the middle spot. It's trendy in the worst way, to me. Surname-name, masculine (means "son of Emery") pretending to be unisex when really it's not— I just can't get behind it in any way, shape, or form.

Anyway. I couldn't vote because my favorite combo wasn't on the poll—I like Seneca June. If Rose isn't a family name, it just feels like "filler" to me. Even though it does sound lovely with Seneca.
    Newlywed and will be TTC soon.

Currently thinking of:
    Mattias Graham, Cassian James, Asa Nathaniel, Macsen Henry
    Leonora Pearl, Aurelia Sarai, Felicity Susanna, Camellia Mae