Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lavendyr View Post
    Honestly, I think I just won't use a scottish name...just don't love any and don't want to pick a mediocre name just b/c it has to be scottish.
    I agree with this. Our first 2 children have very Irish names, and when it came to the third we couldn't find an Irish name that we liked as much. We simply went with a name we adored, that had the same "spice" as the first 2. I wouldn't worry about matching them so precisely.

Good luck!

Ugh, I have the exact same problem! I love a bunch of Scottish boy names, but have trouble finding girl names I like as much.

Here are the ones I like most, with my comments about why I don't fully love them (but maybe you would!):
    Isobel -- I love the look of this, but I have a feeling it would just blend in with all of the Isabels/Isabellas
    Ainsley -- Feels trendy
    Catriona -- Really like, but I think it would get constantly mispronounced, since I've read that it's supposed to have a soft fourth syllable, as in
    kuh-TREE-uh-nuh
    Isla -- Too popular for me
    Aileen -- I like, but it seems to feel dated to other people

ETA: What about looking into Irish names? That opens up lots more options, while still keeping your sibset "matched." Some of my favorites are:
    Ailis
    Aine
    Aisling
    Aoibhe/Aoife
    Brigh/Bree
    Caitlin
    Ciara
    Deirdre
    Emer
    Liadan
    Maeve
    Mona
    Niamh
    Sheila
    Last edited by leahmarie512; September 2nd, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks rmbear! I am feeling all this pressure to have another scottish name but the thought of using a name you just feel 'meh' about is awful! Glad to hear you went outside the 'pattern' ha. I think it's more important to love the name.

Leah..I agree w/ almost everything you've said too. Isobel is beautiful but would def just be the same as Isabelle then just seems rather boring to me. Ainsley, just not a fan of the sound..like the ains sound. nasal or something. Love Catriona and thought about it w/ our second but couldn't get a straight explanation online of how to pronunce and alot of what I read said just prn like Katrina..which I don't like. Prefer the prn you listed. And Isla is nice but swore to a friend I'd never use it b/c she's saving it for some day.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I really love Ailsa, Eilidh, Fionnuala, Gavina and Isla. But I also think that if you don't feel passionate about a Scottish name, then you shouldn't choose one just because your two girls have Scottish names.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

I would stick with the Scottish theme!

I do like Eilidh it's very sweet and works with your children's names. I also love Grace and Sadie but in all honesty they don't really work with the girl's names.
    Suggestions:
    Adair
    Elspeth
    Fenella
    Fiona
    Iona
    Iseabal
    Isla
    Janet
    Lara
    Lioslaith
    Nairne