Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    I am ready for the short and sweet replies, thank you.
    @Dina: thank you very much, Balthazar is definitely a favorite. And your husband like it? Then we may be in the same Baz parenting club years later. By the way, I think Angeline from your list would make a great sister for Balthazar.
    @milo: thanks!
    @Madwoman(I hope you don't mind this): feels like I should have 10 sons so to use all the names I am advised to use. Yes, Taliesin is absolutely cool. And Edmund and Caspian, honestly, weren't supposed to be Narnian here; they just happened to be collected on the same list.
    @Nellie: Edmund Taliesin is very smart but I think we have certain lovelies for middle names; the ones I wouldn't dare use. Thank you and, by the way, I love your name!
    @fiametta: thank you so much for going through! And why I don't want to use Edmund much: they both, together with Cornelia, are somewhat offbeat classics so if I go with Teddy, I will lock myself into the theme. And no Hector, Perseus, Hyperion, Poseidon...Balthazar is more multi-stylish in that thing so he is (perhaps) #1 or #2 so far.
    @labelo: thanks.
    Favorites that far: Hector, Balthazar, Isidore, Ulysses and Hyperion.

From your updated list, I like:

Hector
    Hyperion
    Balthazar
    Lionel
    Leonidas
    Isidore
    Perseus
    Atlas
    Ulysses
    Wilfred

Balthazar (nn Baz), Ulysses, and Wilfred (nn Fred) are each such fantastic names, and they go so well with Cornelia. (Love Cornelia, btw.) From this short list, the only one I'd scratch off is Leonidias. I like having a connection to a strong role model, but to me, this is one example where the name is the person, if that makes sense--like the blog post a few weeks ago about whether or not there is only 'one' Romeo, Elvis, etc. I just think it would be a difficult name for a shy bookworm to wear.

But, they are all such great names! Good luck!
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper

@peacebird: thanks, dear but actually Leonid (like Leonidas without -s) is a popular Slavic name (not only Brezhnev's) so I can't say it's one person name for me. And there is a saint Leonidas, I love saints names. But thank you for noting.

You updated the list and didn't tell me??? I think this top ten is wonderful. I would do a teeny tiny switch-a-roo, but that's me. Now I'm going to rank them.

Hector
    Ulysses
    Balthazar
    Leonidas
    Wilfred
    Isidore
    Lionel
    Hyperion
    Perseus
    Atlas

I'm missing Thaddeus a tad (haha) because he's so perfect with Cornelia. But this is an amazing top ten. And if you add Sherlock back I'd put him between Hyperion and Perseus. I think Sherlock would be a cool middle... along with many of the others. Let me play?

Hector Bellerophon Sherlock
    Balthazar Hephaestion Sherlock
    Ulysses Hephaestion Edmund
    Wilfred Bellerophon Thaddeus
    Leonidas Ganymede Nestor
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Otter, so sorry! Thaddeus and Sherlock are still in the run, that's just a preference so far. Today I am loving Hector best but of course it may(and I suppose will) change. Play, play, play! Hector Bellerophon is swoon worthy, with Sherlock or any other name. You remember that I want him and Hep for middles, that's so sweet! I love that you added Ganymede, I am sure to like names that aren't on the NB database yet. I am not very sure but hope middle name for lads are coming soon. Then we'd definitely go crazy because I can use literally everything here.