Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Oh and new comments on boys! You are great helpers!
    @Lexiem: thanks for all the thoughts and going through the list. Somebody considered Leander a girls name? So funny! As for Sylvester, I knew it as a speak German and I think New Year's Eve is a cosy, warm, wonderful connection, isn't it? Wolfgang may be great, yes and I like your vision but the more I see it, the more understand he is not completely my boy. Lions are mind, wolves - not so. And is Quentin no-no Tarantino for you too? Hooray, I have always thought he is the only namesake to the most.
    @Amy: thank you so much and I simply can't decide between Phineas and Perseus. I adore both much, Finn and Percy.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

If you are all about the lions and not a wolfs mother then you should just eliminate Wolfgang all together - simple as that. You've got so many wonderful Leo- options for both boys and girls that I'd focus the energy your spending on considering Wolfgang on those instead.

As to Quentin - Tarantino happens to currently be the most famous (well in the states particularly) but there are also ball players and philosophers by that name.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

Thanks, @lexiem!(may I call you just Lexi?) Yes, I would probably get rid off Wolfie - or move him to the middle b/c my BF loves him but I am have also moved my faves here. And Quentin. Smith, Tarantino, Blake are pretty good associations. I am not so familiar with sportsmen but guessing not bad either. Thank you!
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

Loves:
    AtlasOne of my favorite mythology names, because it also makes me think of ships and exploration and adventure on the high seas.
    BalthazarLove! So exotic, you can smell the incense and taste the saffron. One of the Magi, which I find utterly magical.
    Constantine – Swoonworthy! I think of the winged Keanu Reeves character before the emperor, but he was cool too, haha.
    Edmund – one of the most beautiful characters in literature, if we're talking the Narnian version. His transformation throughout the series is so heartbreaking, inspiring, and deeply human.
    Endymion – It's weird to think of this name on a non-Otter baby! haha. But I've been madly in love with him since we were first introduced
    Phineas – I commented below on the VS section, but I think this is the coolest name. Vintage, quirky Biblical, with a super awesome character association and a really unique vibe.
    Taliesin – Amazing, especially considering his connections with Druidry, bardic songs, and the Merlin. This would be on my own list if it didn't have associations with someone in my past.

Stellan
    Sylvan
    Wolfgang
    Leander
    Lysander
    Ulysses
    Orpheus
    Sherlock – would be awesome for a middle!
    Thaddeus

Dislikes:
    Appolinaire – I don't even know what to make of this name. It makes me think of Appottomax or something, rather than Apollo.
    Bellerophon – I see a smoosh of Belle and Telephone, sorry.
    Hephaistion – While it's cool that he was a friend of Alexander the Great, I had to Google to learn that. I think the name is obscure to the point of being a no for me, and the elaborate spelling only adds to the confusion.
    Cosmo – please don't hate me, but I feel like this is the boy version of a stripper name. So sorry!
    Isidore – has always felt very feminine to me, perhaps because of Isadora
    Harold – I work with several Harolds and Howards and Geralds, they're all from my grandparents' generation. If grandpa chic is what you're going for, that's cool, but since I didn't see any Ruperts or Eugenes on your list, I just thought I'd bring it up.
    Nestor – Not sure why I don't care for this one. It reminds me of Neville, and not our heroic Longbottom either.
    Stanislav – Stanis Barathion…NOT my favorite person.
    Tarquin – I think of tarpaulins.

This vs. That:
    Apollo vs Appolinaire – Apollo by far. Even though he's sort of the jock of the pantheon, he's still got a sparkle of magic about him that Appolinaire just kills.
    Leander vs Lysander – Toughy! Leander seems softer and gentler, whereas Lysander seems sly and cocky…not in a bad way, just like the witty charmer who gets all the girls, think Damon Salvatore. So it really comes down to the feel you're looking for.
    Lionel vs LeonidasLeonidas. Lionel is so connected to Ritchie that I think Leonidas has a better chance of being a standalone name. Plus Leonidas is so golden and strong and powerful, and nn Leo is adorbs.
    Perseus vs PhineasPhineas. Yes. LOVE this! Have you seen Phineas and Ferb?? I want a boy like that! I'm also not keen on nn Percy that seems inevitable with Perseus. It's just so…weak-willed.
    Poseidon vs Zev vs Zeus – Another hard one, just because I'm not sure how usable any of them are. I think Poseidon wins for me, by virtue of Zeus seeming kinda pretentious and Zev being too nicknamey.
    Severian vs StellanStellan. Severian seems so…well, severe! And I love the starry imagery with Stellan.
    Sylvan vs Sylvester – I want to love Sylvester SO bad, because the sound and the meaning are awesome. But Stallone and the Cat rule it out for me, so I'm gonna say Sylvan.
    Wilfred vs WolfgangWolfgang. Definitely. Wilfred is this super creepy guy in a dog suit from a TV show by the same name. And Wolfgang, in addition to being a musical genius, has the awesome nn Wolf!

Suggestions (I haven't read through all the other pages because I'm at work, so I apologize for any repeats!):
    Hyperion
    Emrys
    Melchior
    Ptolemy
    Orion
    Archimedes (middle only, probably)
    Sebastian
    Philemon
    Atreyu
    Caspian / Cyprian
    Tycho
    Oberon
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

As I've already said I love your daughter's name so much! Cornelia Hermione Winter is just lush!

Anyway on narrowing down your name list I would eliminate from the list Cecil, Celio, Constantine, and Cosmo in my eyes using another 'c' name if you plan to have children could potentially limit your naming selection. Having sibling sets like for example Olympia, Orlaith & Greta are off key in my eyes even though Olympia, Orlaith and Greta are great names, Greta feels left on the outside her first initial looking strange next to the run of the letter 'C'.

From the rest of the list I like and think work fantastically well with Cornelia are Apollo, Atlas, Isidore, Lysander, Lionel, and Stellan (despite hating Stella I love Stellan the 'n' in my head makes a huge difference and transforms the name), and Zeus.

From the bf idea's I like Wolfgang and Zev.

I love the idea of Paris but more as a middle name, I would only ever use Paris for a boy and for me the name should only be used for a male but currently Paris is a girl's name. Paris has been highlighted in everyday culture by Paris Hilton and just feels too daring for a boy to be given the name Paris in the first name slot. I think Paris would have to paired with a strong classical first name like Alexander for it to work in everyday use and Alexander is a little to tame for your liking.

You have other fantastic naming choices on the list but I believe they wouldn't work as accordingly as the names above. Some feel to OTT and likes of Edmund in my head don't work with the stylish Cornelia. Edmund feels to innocent.