Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    My delicious Baba's in bed so now I attack the girls, with claws and all.

First of all, no you can not do Hatshepsut, darling, you can't. Seriously. I would've resented my mum, dad and sister if they'd named her Cornelia and me... Hatshepsut. First of all, no one can spell it or say it. I had a lecture once by possibly the most knowledgeable professor in the world on the Egyptian pantheon, and he struggled saying her name. Now I'm all for clunky, I know I've encouraged you to use clunky names but this one is a bad seed. Imagine little Hatshepsut trying to spell her name. Imagine trying to say her name. Hat Shep(erd) Soot. It sounds like a farmers list. No no no no no. Seriously don't. SERIOUSLY. Seriously?
    Belphoebe, I love this name but, eh, I don't like it with Cornelia. But if you do, fine. Use it. I just think you've got better ones. Honestly. I'm over Belphoebe.

Again, what I said with the boys. I'm not going to repeat myself. I'm picking my top ten.

Azenor - LOVE! I know I suggested it (how awesome am I?), but I truly love it. Azenor is cool beyond... well, I don't know. It rocks, it's completely different than Cornelia but they sound utterly delicious together. They're both queenly, but while Cornelia's very metropolitan, Azenor is waves and blowing winds.
    Constance - I love this name so much my heart almost aches when I think of the name. I'd love this to be my name, it's so beautiful and gorgeous and magical. And elegant. Swoon!
    Electra - Again, I prefer Elektra but Electra's nice too. I like her myth (yeah! Lots of murder and blood!) and who doesn't want a psycho Bond girl to share a name with? Or is that only me?
    Gwenore - I love the very refined elegance to this name. Most Gwen names aren't this dignified. Gwenore is grown up and ice princess, but nickname Gwen makes me think of tree climbing and pink painted toe nails and stick swords.
    Leontine - It's just so gorgeous. Leonie would be a darling nickname. It's a super sweet and beautiful name. Leocadia's good too, but this is my favourite Leo-name.
    Pomeline - Yay, so glad you chose this. Pomeline is amazing! Pom and Mel are lovely nicknames. Pomeline's all happiness, cheer, somersaults, skipping ropes and giggles.
    Minerva - I still love this for you, but my list is shifting... not way on the top anymore. But Minnie and Nelly are still darling.
    Proserpina - The Goddess, that Rossetti painting, you can call her Prosie or Poppy! I think she's utterly stunning and a lovely choice with big sis.
    Olympia - Yes, you know we love this. I don't need to explain why do I? It's fabulous!
    Ottoline - I like this for you. I love my name, and this is close. Cornelia and Ottoline. Gorgeous!

Ranked:
    Azenor
    Pomeline
    Constance
    Gwenore
    Leontine (but if Leocadia wins, put her in this spot. I honestly love both but had to choose)
    Ottoline
    Proserpina
    Olympia
    Minerva
    Electra

I realise I prefer non -a endings for the possible future little sister!

These I love but want in the middle:
    Belphoebe - because I don't like it with Cornelia, but it would be a fabulous middle.
    Cressida - would be a wonderful Shakespeare connection to Hermione.
    Eluned - gorgeous name but I don't like it with Nellster. Spectacular in the middle though. Pomeline Constance Eluned...
    Gwyneira - I like Gwenore more.
    Lavinia - see Cressida.
    Melusine - see Belphoebe.
    Pelagia - too much. But a gorgeous middle.
    Sophronia - It just didn't win out.
    Viola - see Cress.
    Ceridwen - see Belphoebe.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

@Ottilie: Hatshepsut. Yep I can't? Legally I can but I don't want my kid to commit a mothericide(or however it's called)! And sut is well, one letter shy of slut. OK, the queenie was cool but maybe too cool. And what's wrong with me if I CAN say her name without issues? Huh, maybe I was a Egyptian in previous life...
    And yes, you are awesome. Electra is still no spelling because I can't decide if K, C or T is best. Leontine can be Leo, Tiny and Inna as well as Leonie and only one letter away from leonine, how cool it is? I imagine Leontine riding a camel and running in the sunlight or picking wildflowers and taming mouses and bunnies. I only dunno whether -tine or -teen ending is better for her. Pomeline...She sold me on Pom, just overly cute and cozy. Ottoline - I like Otillie too but I have seen people wondering if it's ot-illie or ot-tee-lee-uh and Ottoline is easier. Olympia is still my big love but of course she will make me doubt Hephaistion in the middle even. And yeah, I see I can put Belphoebe where Nellster has Hermione, nice.

Haha, no, I can say it too, I just meant people have trouble. It's just weird. Weird weird weird. And I meant Egyptian history, not pantheon, I was talking to Husband at the same time (I talk a lot, so sometimes I need to divide my attention ).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I love:
    Leontine
    Pomeline
    Minerva
    Ottoline

with Cornelia

Pelagia & Gwenonwy are nice too, but I prefer the others with big sis.

Random suggestions: Ysaline, Bellatrix, Mandeline, Valencia, Isadora, Felicia, Inanna, Cassiopeia, Amandine, Josephine, Millicent, Amarantha, Leopoldine?
    Last edited by svea; September 6th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvi ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

I talk all day, yep too. 24/7. My boyfriend sometimes say it's my job to talk all the time if I don't go to work or uni now, hehe. But I just can't keep it all inside!
    And how do you feel about Roxana? That's boyfie's love, I can't say I adore her but not hate. Can't get past the fact she is thought to have poisoned her hubby and his *thinkable* lover and I dislike Roxy. Xana would be cute though but I still want opinions .
    Last edited by mclevine; September 6th, 2013 at 04:16 PM.