Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The Enchating Eccentrics: Ladies

I am starting our second naming journey, now haunting sister names for Cornelia Hermione Winter. Our last time was pretty crazy and all over place so I'd like to start earlier and ideally have a top 10 by the end for back ups.
    Firstly, I want to shorten the list we have so far (in the comment on the page 2).
    UPDATED LIST ON THE PAGE 6, SEE NEW ONE

These are the names we considered at first, we have deleted and added some so please see updated ones.
    Aquilina
    Artemida/Artemis
    Constance
    Cressida
    Electra
    Eluned
    Endelienta
    Gwenonwy
    Gwenfair
    Gwenore
    Lavinia
    Leto
    Leocadia
    Leontine
    Medea
    Melpomene/Pomeline
    Minerva/Athena
    Nemea
    Pelagia
    Proserpina
    Olympia
    Rosemint
    Saoirse
    Viola
    Wisteria
    BF's lovelies:
    Ottilie/Ottoline (I actually love this one, but not everyone gets the pronunciation)
    Galatea (Again, lovely though I can't find a nickname I like)
    Isla (This one bothers me. I like the sound but boyfriend had actually picked this one because of his star crush Isla Fisher) !
    Solveig (I can't see myself with daughter named Solveig, though it used to be one of my crushes)
    Ceridwen (I love this one and her story too)

So basically I want you to help me shorten the list. Now I counted 30 names(without slashed ones) and I would ideally want to have 10-14 left. Comment, make tops or name your favorites, whatever you want. I am not starting middle names yet so I don't want combos. I don't really care for sibsets and we have decided to go wilder that time but if you think something is horrid, awful with sister Cornelia, let me know.
    And if some of you ladies have awesome magical suggestions, I would appreciate them. Nothing is too crazy or out-there for us, but we wouldn't like overly complicated spellings or hideous namesakes.
    Last edited by mclevine; September 7th, 2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Update
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

Well, if you don't want to have both girls with C initials, cut Constance, Cressida and Ceridwen.

Names I find a little too close to Cornelia to be sisters: Lavinia, Aquilina, Wisteria.

Other names I'd cut:

Rosemint - It's the two words, Rose and Mint, put together that just sounds a bit strange to me. I'd suggest alternatives of Araminta (keeps the -mint sound) or another Rose name - Rosalind or Rosamund might work for you.

Leontine: I find this one very masculine sounding, maybe because of Leon being a boy's name and -tine being a more masculine ending compared to -tina.

Electra/Eluned: I seem to remember you posting somewhere else using the nickname Nell for your daughter. If I'm right on this, I'd avoid a name that has the prominent -ell sound in it - if she ends up being nicknamed Ellie at school or something, Nell and Ellie are far too close.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Wow, so much gorgeousness. Cornelia Hermione Winter is stunning!

My favorites:

Artemida/Artemis - Love Artemis, Artemida is intriguing. Artemisia is another good one--Artemisia Gentileschi would be a cool namesake.
    Cressida - Has really been growing on me lately. Such a singularly gorgeous sound.
    Minerva/Athena - I adore Minerva (you get a goddess and Professor McGonagall!) and like Athena. Minnie is adorable, even with the mouse. Nelly and Minnie would be too cute.
    Nemea - I was surprised by how much I like this. It's so cool and strong.
    Olympia - A bit more generic than some of your others, but the sound is gorgeous and it's great with Cornelia.
    Viola - My all-time favorite name ever, so I can't not vote for it.
    Ottilie/Ottoline - Fantastic, but I agree with your reservations about pronunciation, plus it's a little cutesy.
    Galatea - Crushing hardcore on this one of late. I guess it isn't the most positive story ever, but it's such an elegant name. Maybe Tea/Tia as a nickname? You could also use Allie.

I'd eliminate:

Constance and Solveig. Both sound too clunky next to lovely Cornelia. And maybe Ceridwen? It feels a bit matchy.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

First of all, I understand that you want to go "crazier" but I think you should still use something that goes nicely with sister Cornelia. Cornelia's so statuesque and royal, and you've got plenty of those on this list.

These are the ones I like for you two:
    Ceridwen - If I can't have her someone else should use her.
    Constance - I adore Constance, and this might be my very favourite for you. Unless the Co-Co bothers you.
    Cressida - Gorgeous Cressida. The only thing is the C-A thing. But if you're fine with it, keep it. (I would be by the way.)
    Electra - strong and noble. I love Elektra.
    Gwenonwy or Gwenore - I prefer Gwenore with Cornelia, they're both clunky and gorgeous- Gwenonwy's beautiful too though.
    Lavinia - Ah, the last wife of Aeneas! And the Titus chick. Love Lavinia.
    Leontine - Leontine's incredibly beautiful and special, I think this fits really well. A bit less familiar, and Leonie would be an adorable nn. Nelly and Leonie? Tiny when she's little...
    Melpomene/Pomeline - I prefer Melpomene, but I like Pomeline more with Cornelia.
    Minerva - Oh, this might just be the best one. Minerva's perfectly clunky gorgeous, and how cute is Nelly & Minnie? Swoon alert!
    Olympia - Gorgeous and is actually perfect with big sister's name.
    Pelagia - Hauntingly beautiful but still clunky. Love it, and love it with Cornelia.
    Proserpina - One of my favourites with Cornelia. Proserpina's gorgeous, and I love the Roman stately feel of Cornelia with Roman Goddess Proserpina.

Cut these:
    Leto - I love this, but in the middle.
    Medea - She killed her babas!
    Rosemint - Insubstantial.
    Wisteria - See above.
    Galatea - Not as pretty spoken as it is written out.
    Isla - I don't like this name, and it's not as cool as Cornelia.

Suggestions:
    Amymone
    Antigone
    Aurelia
    Briseis
    Clementina
    Constantia
    Crescentia
    Drusilla
    Euphemia
    Florentina
    Hestia
    Hortensia
    Leocadia
    Lucretia
    Maxima
    Penthesileia
    Perdita
    Perpetua
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I only like Olympia out of the list, but love the name Aqua for a girl.