Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Yep, I have met way too many women 40 + yrs old with the name Pelagia and most of them ruined the name completely to me. But I think it could work on USA and I liked it even better as a middle :-)
    "I felt that I breathed an atmosphere of sorrow"

Rosa Nightingale Thomasin Orchid Edith Remember Zuleika Evening Belladonna Selene Orphéa Requiem Lilith Anastasia Nocturne Ophelia Séraphine Wildrose Juniper Echo Persephone Forest Suzanne Psyche Belphoebe Sonnet
    &
    Orpheus Elgar Thorin Prometheus Gideon Achilles Amadeus Vale Lucien Florence Casimir Leo Dante Alexander Wolf Brahm Vesper Viktor Peregrin Algernon Poe Alexander Corvus Dorian Casper Damian Sparrow

And we've made it to 4 pages! Thank you ladies, you are wonderful!
    @Olympia: thanks, neat top!
    @Reverie: thank you.
    @calista: thanks, I see you can't wait to do middles, can you?
    @Amy: thank you so much, great top and I am so happy somebody is waiting for my threads, yay!
    @bellerose: OK, you've made it clear for me, as I only know one Pelagia in her 20-s. Thanks, beauty!

I didnt mean to offend you . Sorry if i did
    "I felt that I breathed an atmosphere of sorrow"

Rosa Nightingale Thomasin Orchid Edith Remember Zuleika Evening Belladonna Selene Orphéa Requiem Lilith Anastasia Nocturne Ophelia Séraphine Wildrose Juniper Echo Persephone Forest Suzanne Psyche Belphoebe Sonnet
    &
    Orpheus Elgar Thorin Prometheus Gideon Achilles Amadeus Vale Lucien Florence Casimir Leo Dante Alexander Wolf Brahm Vesper Viktor Peregrin Algernon Poe Alexander Corvus Dorian Casper Damian Sparrow

@bellerose: no, you didn't, don't worry. So sweet of you to do this!

Aquilina - like a lot!
    Athena - love!
    Artemis - love
    Ceridwen - very pretty
    Cressida - pretty
    Eluned - pretty
    Gwenore/Gwenonwy - I can't decide if I like these or not. I adore the name Gwen, but these are just unfamiliar to me though their sounds are beautiful
    Lavinia - love
    Melusine - not bad
    Minerva - like a lit
    Olympia - okay, I prefer Octavia though
    Viola - love! beautiful

Constance - I don't truly dislike this one, it just feels so stuffy. The meaning is, of course, lovely, but it feels like naming a kid Constable or Consonant
    Electra - this feels too much like a superhero name to me. Like her husbands name should be Frozone.
    Leocadia/Leontine - Leo is so masculine to me that it's hard to see these as girls names
    Melpomene - completely unfamiliar, but I'm just not fond of the sound combination. There are many more attractive Mel names and the "mean" ending throws me off
    Pomeline - Pomeline just makes me think of a pommel on a saddle or the pommel horse in gymnastics
    Nemea - I much prefer Medea to Nemea, it's just so much more attractive to me. Bit too Nemo I guess
    Ottoline - I've never been able to love this one. All I see is Otto/Auto line--aka traffic (a line of cars)
    Pelagia - this reminds me too much of paraplegia
    Proserpina - just not attractive to me, feels very literal. Liking naming a child Wealthina.
    Sophronia - in my head it's a combo of soporific and a soft freeze and sophomore. Kinda like Freshmettia.
    Galatea - I don't truly hate this one, but I see Gattica (movie title) and Galatia (ancient land area)
    Top Names: Benedict Calvin & Noelle Geneva
    Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
    Eli/Solomon : Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
    Due in January!