Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Aidan is a nice name but I would not use it as a first name or a name that I potentially wanted my son to go by. If it's just going to be a rarely used middle name, it's perfect. I have a Kaden, Jayden, and Brayden in my class this year! They're 8 years old but I think the trend is still going strong! Those names drive me nuts, too popular!

Katemp91 and Norbury; glad you think it works in the middle

Ash; that's what I want too, to use a name that I love but without adding to the ever-expanding trend.

Kyemsma; Aidan "too different?" Oh, if only he could have seen the future... Jack Aidan is a very nice combo.

Ali_O; yes, it would most likely be a rarely used middle, not one that he would get called by on a daily basis (unless he was in trouble anyway, ha).

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Go for it.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

I've always found Aidan fairly unremarkable, but I have to say, Jack Aidan is stunning.

august ~ benjamin ~ nathaniel ~ thomas ~ sawyer ~ henry ~ jonas ~ arthur ~ samuel ~ frederick

iris ~ sylvie ~ ella ~ tess ~ cora ~ june ~ adeline ~ viola ~ emmeline ~ rosa

I'm very fond of the name Aidan due to memories of my childhood friend's church (St. Aidan's...) where I *wasn't* at all a member or anything but they were always kind and welcoming. It has a nostalgic, friendly sound to me. And it's NOT a made-up name akin to Zayden! It's the only "-ayden" name I like, but it does peeve me that the Aidan spelling is now considered a bit odd compared to Aiden, which I dislike.

But I go back and forth on whether I'd use it as a first name. I do think it works well in the middle.

I like it with, generally, a longer first that doesn't end in n:
    Gregory Aidan - Classic, but not very popular first.
    Zachary Aidan
    Dominic Aidan
    Patrick Aidan
    Gabriel Aidan
    Nathaniel Aidan