Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I Need Help Choosing a Name for a Girl Due in November!

Hey guys! My bestfriend is having a girl in November and she has a list of baby names but doesn't fell like she can find the right one. I thought I could help her out by asking for some suggestions and opinions from you guys? She gave me permission to do this by the way. Her list so far is:

Yvette Marie
    Rory Sue
    Willow Sue
    Tristan Marie
    Chantal Lee
    Hermione Ann

Please give your honest opinions about these names & suggestions as well. I just really want to help out my friend. Thanks so much!

(By the way, she really wants to make Sue or Marie the middle name because it passes on in her family. But she would also be fine with having a different middle name)

It's hard to say without knowing a little more about your friend-- what kind of image she wants to convey, etc. I will tell you how closely they align to my own tastes, though.

Yvette Marie- I think this is pretty and would expect an Yvette Marie to be a sophisticated, intelligent, possibly African American young woman. I wouldn't use it though, because I don't like unintuitive spellings (even super common ones like Sean!). And "y" is such a tricky letter, it will always be unintuitive...
    Rory Sue - super cute. I picture a mischievous little redhead with freckles.
    Willow Sue - my favorite, and could belong to many different kinds of women. There is a hippie vibe because of the meaning, but it's a well-established name. I really like the flow.
    Tristan Marie - although it sounds pretty, Tristan is definitely a masculine name for me, and it has a sad meaning. I don't like this one.
    Chantal Lee - definitely picture an African American woman. I like the meaning (if I remember it right), but it doesn't feeling like a very distinctive name to me.
    Hermione Ann - I just think of Harry Potter, and I don't enjoy the name on its own; it doesn't have a pretty sound for me ears.

So my favorites are Rory Sue and Willow Sue. How about Rowan Sue?

thanks for the feedback! I will ask her about Rowen Sue. That actually sounds really cute.

Rosemarie Sue (rose-mah-ree) would be really cute, plus it lets her have both Marie and Sue in the name! The nickname could be Ro, Rose, Rosie, Ree, or even Rory!

Rowen Sue just sounds awkward to me, like the flow is off.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I think Hermione Ann Marie would be a nice way to incorporate Marie, since it holds special meaning to your friend.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle