Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rosalind... how would you say it?

I really prefer Roe-zah-lind, but I know many people say Rah-zah-lind.

Two more questions, since I'm still trying to build a list of hypothetical names for our bairns to be--

1. Do you think it would be too matchy/similar to a sister named Alina, pronounced Uh-lee-nah? (Shared -lin sound.)

2. Do you think it would sound too rhymey with a three-syllable surname ending in "man"? (Think of Gotherman.)

Thanks as always!

I pronounce it Rahz-uh-lind (with a soft "d" sound on the end). This is the only way I have ever heard it pronounced.

I think Rosalind is too close to Alina for a sibset. Even though the names are pronounced differently, 4 of the 5 letters in Alina occur consecutively in Rosalind. Alena might solve that problem for me.

I do not particularly like the sound of Rosalind Gotherman. It would deter me from using the name, but all that really matters is how much it bothers you.

Rah-zah-lind would be more instinctive for me.

1. No, it's fine together.
    2. I think this is okay as well. My first and last name both end with very hissy "S" sounds and it's never bothered me.
    Top 5's
    ♀: Viveca Eulalie | Aziza Clementine | Ebba Leonie | Saskia Noelle | Mavis Ophelia
    ♂: Harlan Rafferty | Ozias Everett | Archer Lorcan | Ciaran Barnaby | Hector Malachy

Other Combos: Duncan Ernest | Conway Alden | Roarke Julius | Xanthe Henrietta | Marlowe Jemima | Arwen Sylvie | Freya Juniper

i say Rosalind because i see it as a Rose variation name.

no to both questions

not too similar with the lin sound, Rosalind has the D to take the mind away from any similarity

and the three syllable last name seems to balance nicely, it it were an R name or sounded similar than yes it may be too much
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

I say Roe-sah-lind but I've never met one in real life.
    No to both questions