Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: New girl names... Pick your fave!

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

0 0%
  • Aisling

26 26.26%
  • Kimberlyn

4 4.04%
  • Ruby

52 52.53%
  • Wren

57 57.58%
  • Amerlyn

5 5.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thoughts on your list:

English - I think this would be very confusing as a first name. England would be better, but neither is as good as most of the other names on your list.
    Aisling - Very pretty
    Kimberlyn - Not a fan, the lyn ending feels quite awkward
    Ruby - such a cute name, but super popular here in Aus at the moment
    Wren - sweet and spunky - this is the one I voted for
    Amerlyn - Is this spelled correctly, or is this meant to be Amberlyn? Amerlyn is a little hard to say, and Amberlyn makes me think Anne Boleyn.

Some more ideas:
    Aoife
    Fiora
    Xyla
    Nerida
    Azura
    Vivacia
    Keffria
    Calliope
    Echo
    Tamrissa
    Raviva
    Sabeline
    Saralisse
    Sona
    Taissa
    Adalyn
    Tavia
    Inara
    Tangerine
    Adair
    Celestia
    Emerald
    Saige
    Caspia

English - ....seriously? please dont

Aisling - never can read it as Ash - but lovely, prefer Aislin or Ashlin

Kimberlyn - dates your child to this 'lets add -lyn to ever name imaginable' era

Ruby - charming, has history, wasnt made up like, two seconds ago.

Wren - trendy but way better than the made up names

Amerlyn - another 'modern invented name' as nameberry says - feels desperate to be different and therefore cheap

Aislin/Ashlin
    Ruby
    Wren
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Thanks for the input thus far, and thanks for the new name suggestions!

As far as Kimberlyn and Amerlyn go, both are correct spellings, and neither are made up. Both are family names (female, first names), one from the late 1800s and one from the early 1900s. So for me, they both have a history and, well, a name has to start somewhere! So, I'm not concerned about a trendy lyn ending, unless of course my family started it a long time ago!

But, I do love the input. It helps me see them in a way that I may not have otherwise.

Keep them coming!

I'm not really sure how the name English conveys pride for Scottish ancestry considering the often-difficult relationship between England and Scotland at various points in history. Plus, it would be hugely confusing and would make her a target for teasing. English class, English language, English as a foreign language...
    Aislin, Ruby, and Wren are all beautiful though.

Some Scottish names:
    Adaira
    Aila (I heard a Scot actually say this name because his friend used it. Sounded beautiful how he said it!)
    Ailsa
    Ainsley
    Annabel
    Annella
    Bridget
    Catriona
    Davina
    Elspeth
    Finola
    Greer
    Griselda
    Isla
    Maisie

Hm, most the nice names I found seem to be in the first half of the alphabet! Good luck!
    Current loves:
    Adelaide | Antonia | Charlotte | Emilia | Estelle | Fiammetta | Isobel | Ravenna | Susannah | Ursula | Viola
    Anton | Asa | Bennett | Boone | Caspian | Ezra | Francis | Gideon | Leo | Theodore | Vincent | Winslow

Quote Originally Posted by peacebird10 View Post
    I'm not really sure how the name English conveys pride for Scottish ancestry considering the often-difficult relationship between England and Scotland at various points in history. Plus, it would be hugely confusing and would make her a target for teasing. English class, English language, English as a foreign language...
    THIS. I've never been to Scotland, but as I understand, the Scots are very proud of NOT being English. Even if English were a useable name, it would not convey any connection to your Scottish heritage; in fact, it would probably send the opposite message.

I voted for Aisling, Ruby, and Wren as my favourites from your list.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova