Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Combos? Favorites? Suggestions?

I definitely thought this baby was going to be a boy. We had settled on our boy name (Atlas! -thanks to your suggestions) - and then found out actually we are having another girl!

Names we (I) like include:

Athena
    Coral
    Sage
    Saffron (this we both like but it is nixed because of our last name)
    Valentine
    Honey (hubs rolls his eyes at this)
    Lavender (hubs also rolls his eyes at this one)
    Jasmine
    October
    Violet
    Sweetbriar (i adore this but it might be too out-there for us)
    Rosemint (we won't use this cause our first daughter's mn is Rosemary)
    Rue (too Hunger Games?)
    Eve
    Lorien (too LOTR? nixed anyway because of our last name)

*UPDATED LIST ON PAGE 4*

You can probably see my preference for nature names!

The only name that really stands out for us is Athena, do you think that is too matchy with our first daughter's name? Even if we really like it? Even though they begin and end with the same letter are they "different" enough for it to be okay?

Any thoughts/ideas? Combos? Favorites? Suggestions?

Baby's not due til January but I like to put tons of thought into a name & find the perfect one.

Our Last name spelling starts with a silent H, but has "N" sound, & rhymes with Caddyshack.
    Last edited by katieydenberg; September 2nd, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
    New username is @ truenature

I don't really like any of them except Sage and Eve. I don't think Athena and Azula are too matchy but they might get mixed up a lot.

Combos:
    Sage Violet
    Sage Jasmine
    Sage Rue
    Eve Valentine
    Eve Athena
    Eve October
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

Quote Originally Posted by katieydenberg View Post
    I definitely thought this baby was going to be a boy. We had settled on our boy name (Atlas! -thanks to your suggestions) - and then found out actually we are having another girl!

Names we (I) like include:

Athena
    Coral
    Sage
    Saffron (this we both like but it is nixed because of our last name)
    Valentine
    Honey (hubs rolls his eyes at this)
    Lavender (hubs also rolls his eyes at this one)
    Jasmine
    October
    Violet
    Sweetbriar (i adore this but it might be too out-there for us)
    Rosemint (we won't use this cause our first daughter's mn is Rosemary)
    Rue (too Hunger Games?)
    Eve
    Lorien (too LOTR? nixed anyway because of our last name)

You can probably see my preference for nature names!

The only name that really stands out for us is Athena, do you think that is too matchy with our first daughter's name? Even if we really like it? Even though they begin and end with the same letter are they "different" enough for it to be okay?

Any thoughts/ideas? Combos? Favorites? Suggestions?

Baby's not due til January but I like to put tons of thought into a name & find the perfect one.

Our Last name spelling starts with a silent H, but has "N" sound, & rhymes with Caddyshack.
    Hmm...
    Ah I love Atlas, but alas your having a girl so that name will have to be left for a while!!
    My thoughts on the names:
    Athena - I adore Athena she's elegant has this gorgeous Greek sound and looks pretty. But yes is to similar to your daughter's name.

Coral - I like Coral, but in all honesty I think their are prettier Coral variants out there for example Coraline, Cora, and my favourite Coralie.

Sage - I do like Sage she has a homely natural feel, but I prefer as a middle name for a girl.

Saffron - I love Saffron she's so pretty and elegant. It's a shame that she doesn't work with your surname.

Valentine - I do like Valentine feels really romantic (haha), majestic, and has a lovely crispness to it. However I do prefer Valentina which just feels prettier and more put together, Valentina has a more feminine quality.

Honey - She's slightly cheesy in my eyes!!

Lavender - Unlike Honey Lavender feels slightly stronger in sound and less cheesy. Lavender has a very natural sound and gorgeous connotations. Suggestion Lilac?

Jasmine - I love Jasmine she has a great sound, feels really sweet and has a very soft appeal. But Jasmine could be a little dated next to your daughter's name.

October - Hmmm I can see where your going with this and I do like the sound but in away I am unsure. Have you thought of January or Augusta?

Violet - I love Violet she's stunning so wholesome with gorgeous connotations. Violet is a brilliant name! I also like these Violet variants Viola and Violetta.

Sweetbriar - WOWZA THIS IS WEIRD

Rosemint - yes again this is really strange and no is too close to your daughter's beautiful middle Rosemary. Have you thought of Araminta?

Rue - I like Rue but more as a nickname. Suggestions Ruth, Aruna, Roanna, Aurelia...?

Eve - I adore Eve she's so elegant and understated she has been flirting on and off my forever changing favourite name list. I honesty adore Eve.

Lorien - I prefer Lauren.

Athena, Coral & Sage are my 3 favourites from the list.

I agree Valentina is really pretty in its full form, but I can't stand nn Tina!
    I do think my husband might give in to Lavender as a middle, if its paired with the right first name. I don't like the sound of Lilac quite as much, it must be the "lack" it sounds so harsh to me!

Here are a couple more that I love but that hubs isn't so crazy about:
    Ruby
    Ursula
    Zia
    Anya

Any suggestions?
    It is cool to hear peoples impressions of all the different names too! Might have a perspective that changes how I'll feel about a name.
    New username is @ truenature

Wow, Azula is just such an awesome name, even with (or maybe because of?) the psychotic princess association. I think your challenge is finding another one with as much cool factor. For example, Coral and Jasmine just sound a bit...wussy next to the spunky Azula. I love Athena, but I'd eliminate it because of the matchy sound. From your list, I think Saffron and Anya hold their own with Azula best (too bad you can't use Saffron!)

A few suggestions:
    Aya
    Isis
    Juniper
    Leora/Liora
    Ophira
    Oriel
    Sapphira/Saphira
    Saskia
    Valeria
    Veda
    Zara

Good luck!
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Iphigenia Cleo
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr