Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Chickens!

Chickens!

We are finishing up our chicken coop and I promised my older daughter that age could name the chickens when we get them.

Send me your suggestions for chicken names! Mostly hens but a couple of roosters too!

So far we have Ruby and Gerdie...

Thanks!!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

We used spice names for some of our chickens. We have Nutmeg, Ginger, Paprika, Juniper and Pepper. Our others are named Gary and Sam (both hens named by my little sisters).
    Teen Berry and author
    My furry baby ~ Oliver Timothy James
    ~ Nora Ester Rose ~ Charlotte ~ Luna ~ Alice ~ Lillian ~ Elowen ~ Ella ~ Winter ~
    ~ Alexander Gideon Finnley ~ Henrik Fabian Chester ~ Edwin ~ Lucian ~ Remus ~ James ~ Nico ~

We're soon to have chickens, too! The girls will be: Hyacinth, Maud and Agatha and the boys will be: Edward, Richard and Henry.
    Phillip - Kingsley - Corbin - Edmund - Arthur - Winslow - Thomas - Leland - Gavin - McCoy
    Evangeline - Marnie - Leena - Felicity - Olivia - Elizabeth - Susan - Dorothy - Minerva - Elowen

We used to have chickens (most of which met cruel deaths; we made a song for the nephews, "the Bobcat chased the Chicken" to the tune of "The Monkey chased the Weasel") These were their names:

Bertha
    Helga
    Eunice
    Gretchen
    Doris

Suggestions for the roosters (quirky & distinguished):

Edgar
    Harvey
    Lloyd
    Ollie (Sir Oliver?)
    Wilfred
    Heinrich
    Wenceslaus
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-Jude Balthasar-Damian Leonard-Seth Matthias

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Reine-Maura Francesca

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Fleur-Ophelia-Moses-Emrys-Constantine-Arthur