Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Erggh...

Back to the original subject at hand (ignoring political correctness) since I'm studying Mandarin here is a few of my favorite Chinese names:

Fen
    Jun
    Mei
    Lian
    Tao
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    You're just digging that hole even deeper, aren't you?
    Every post I see from you is you on your dang soapbox talking down on everyone and sounding like you're all high and mighty. If you want to educate people you can do it without being a pompous brat.

anyways, I'm going to stick to The eastern Asian countries

female-
    Miki- what we call my daughter
    Airi
    Aya
    Mai
    Rin
    Eun Hye
    Mei Lin
    Min Li

male-
    Ren
    Kenji
    Min Ho
    Keun Suk
    Hee Jun
    Bai Ling
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Oh geez.. The drama on Nameberry never ends XD

I like Mei though (pronounced May)

Quote Originally Posted by mclola View Post
    Every post I see from you is you on your dang soapbox talking down on everyone and sounding like you're all high and mighty. If you want to educate people you can do it without being a pompous brat.
    I've been meaning to say something for a while now, but I decided to let it go. I feel like I have to say something now, because it feels like you just seek out certain threads to cause trouble @augusta_lee. It's true that some of the posts were culturally insensitive, but you are not helping anyone by responding in that way. Pretty much any post where you mention more than just a list of names, you are saying something negative and hurtful. Ignoring you seems to work all right for me, but it does get tiring.

In answer to the OP: I think it is great that you are more interested in Asian cultures because of anime. Does it really matter how you gain an interest in something, as long as you are interested? And isn't it unfair to shortchange "cartoons" in Japanese culture, if you're so interested in the cultural integrity? I took an elective course in high school called Asian Studies, where we studied the history of culture of Asia, focusing on China, Japan, and Korea.

Some of my favorite names come from the Japanese culture (I'll focus on boys, since you do not have many):
    Takashi/Takeshi
    Shou/Shouta
    Hiroshi
    Kenji
    Ken'ichi (ok, so this is because of Matsuyama, the actor. If you haven't seen any of his films, I recommend them!)
    Satsuya
    Kaoru (unisex)
    Trying in earnest for our first this winter

Quote Originally Posted by dovah View Post
    I've been meaning to say something for a while now, but I decided to let it go. I feel like I have to say something now, because it feels like you just seek out certain threads to cause trouble @augusta_lee. It's true that some of the posts were culturally insensitive, but you are not helping anyone by responding in that way. Pretty much any post where you mention more than just a list of names, you are saying something negative and hurtful. Ignoring you seems to work all right for me, but it does get tiring.

In answer to the OP: I think it is great that you are more interested in Asian cultures because of anime. Does it really matter how you gain an interest in something, as long as you are interested? And isn't it unfair to shortchange "cartoons" in Japanese culture, if you're so interested in the cultural integrity? I took an elective course in high school called Asian Studies, where we studied the history of culture of Asia, focusing on China, Japan, and Korea.

Some of my favorite names come from the Japanese culture (I'll focus on boys, since you do not have many):
    Takashi/Takeshi
    Shou/Shouta
    Hiroshi
    Kenji
    Ken'ichi (ok, so this is because of Matsuyama, the actor. If you haven't seen any of his films, I recommend them!)
    Satsuya
    Kaoru (unisex)

Thanks for the support everyone; I really didn't mean to cause all the fuss. I just used 'Asian' in general to get a variety of countries represented, instead of just one or two countries. Anyhoo, I'm half Chinese, so I've always been interested in the Eastern Asian countries, and anime just opened my eyes to Japanese culture since I live in America.

And I love all the names listed so far!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~