Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dovah View Post
    I've been meaning to say something for a while now, but I decided to let it go. I feel like I have to say something now, because it feels like you just seek out certain threads to cause trouble @augusta_lee. It's true that some of the posts were culturally insensitive, but you are not helping anyone by responding in that way. Pretty much any post where you mention more than just a list of names, you are saying something negative and hurtful. Ignoring you seems to work all right for me, but it does get tiring.
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one noticing this. I've been wanting to say something for over a month now, but I just couldn't put my thoughts into the right words. Thank you dovah, and mclola, for doing that on this thread.

As for the actual question, anime's what got me interested in the Japanese culture as well, and most of my favorite Asian names are Japanese.

for girls:
    Rin
    Aya
    Chihiro
    Miyuki
    Saya

for boys:
    Kaito
    Haruto
    Takuma
    Taichi
    Hayate
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

Sigh.

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Tone_argument
    http://www.derailingfordummies.com/

I am so done with the racism on this site. First the "name the plantation owner's daughter!" thread, now this? Not to mention the ongoing posts about Cohen and India. It truly boggles my mind that such hugely hurtful, deeply problematic stereotypes are being perpetuated -- and that only a handful of people care or are willing to speak up about it. If you're being racist, I will tell you that you're being racist. If you're being sexist, I will tell you that you're being sexist. Calling out ignorance is the only way to correct it. Period.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I've also been active on this site for two years. Check my post and comment history. Obviously I've contributed pretty extensively beyond pointing out "cultural insensitivity" (is that what we're calling racism these days?) and providing long lists of names for posters who, uh, request long lists of names. Y'all n00bs?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I somewhat agree with your original comment @augusta_lee, it doesn't help to stereotype, and it would have been better to ask specifically for South East/Eastern names rather than being so general. However the intent of this topic wasn't to discriminate, or be hurtful (just a misguided generalisation). There is no need to attack the original poster about this. You can call out ignorance without being condescending.

You have contributed to the site, and a lot of it has been constructive and well thought out. I agree with you most of the time. But I feel this time you have gone too far.

That is all I have to say on the topic.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Mei! Oh, I love it! Too bad it doesn't match my other favorite names, so Mae will have to serve that purpose : )
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-Jude Balthasar-Damian Leonard-Seth Matthias

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Reine-Maura Francesca

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Fleur-Ophelia-Moses-Emrys-Constantine-Arthur