Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Alex is dated on any gender. I know at least a dozen guys with this name.
    Just because you know a lot of people with the name doesn't make the name dated. I know a ton of Elizabeths and a ton of Katherines and I wouldn't consider either name dated. Same for Alex. It's a classic name.

I would definitely use Alexandra (though I prefer the Alexandria). It will give her options when she grows up. I love the idea of honoring your grandmother and I like Katharina. I do like the suggestion someone gave of Katalina and I'd also suggest Katerina. I know you want to call her Alex, but the nickname Lexi Kate is so cute to me!

I know a female Alex (just Alex) she has a twin named Jemma and I prefer Alix though
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Alex is just fine, although I do prefer Alix for a girl. Alex/Alix Katharina is gorgeous (and I actually prefer that combo to Alexandra Katharina). Because 1) simplicity.

And its not like you don't have options if you just use Alex/Alix because Katharina offers plenty of nickname options too.

I say pick whichever name you prefer (and love!) Both are fine options.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Not a fan of Alex for a girl but I much prefer it as a nn. Giving her the option of going by say Alexandra when she is older is nice . I like Alexandria also!!