Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: To honor Tim

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Mandolin is silly.
    OP asked for people not to criticize Mandolin. She's not looking for any input on Mandolin at all.
    I don't find it silly in the slightest.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Also, have you considered Timothea? Thea and Timo are both lovely nicknames.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Timea is lovely. There is also the spelling Timaea which was the name of a queen of Sparta.

I'll throw in two other ancient names, Timandra and Timocleia.
    Last edited by MariaMagdalena; August 31st, 2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: spelling

yet we have the right to say whatever we like.

i read her post on why she is doing it - great reasons, honoring her mother, but as a first name its in the category of 'why do that to your kid?' could easily just as honor as a middle without the hassle of explaining her name every time she meets someone for the rest of her life.

plus with most of these Tim names i think for flow they sound better as a first anyway.

Timea is okay but love Thea, im a believer in honor names not having to be so literal, its the meaning behind it. plus sometimes just tacking on the same name or a name the person liked seems lazy and a cop out.

Thea Mandolin
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Why not Timothea Mandolin? NN Thea.. I think it's super cute.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias