Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: To honor Tim

To honor Tim

My husband's uncle suddenly passed away yesterday. I need a feminine name to honor "Tim." The other name we have for our daughter, who is due in Dec., is Mandolin: to honor my terminally-ill mother. The only thing I've seen so far is Timea (ti-May-ah?). I would like some other suggestions if anyone has any. We are of Irish-decent so bonus points for Irish/Celtic/Welsh origins, but definitely not limited to that.

e.g. Mandolin Timea or Timea Mandolin ..etc

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Please don't criticize the name Mandolin. I know it's unpopular on here, but we're using it. Thanks again.
    2004 xy- Orion Johnathan, 2006 xy- Sage Elysium, 2010 xx- Cerridwen Willow, 2011 xy- Rowan Audric
    Dec. 2013 xx- ????

Mandolin, Eve, Maeve, Fiona, Guinevere, Scarlett, Maiwenn, Carys, Sinead

Is Tim short of Timothy or any other name or just Tim ??

Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn

Anything or anyone that doesn't bring you alive

Is too small for you

DAVID WHYTE

Timony? A surname with a somewhat feminine feel to it cause of Mary Timony & the similar sound to Tiffany. Timor or Fatima might work. You might be able to find a list of legit girl names with the -tima ending, I'm sure more exist but I can't think of any off hand.

Would using the -thy sound out the end be too remote? Maybe Thea?

I like the Timmea spelling as well and I much prefer Timea Mandolin to Mandolin Timea. The only other tim related name I can think of is Fatima, which I actually really like. Fatima Mandolin has a very similar feel to Timea Mandolin. If you went with just the sound of Tim somewhere in the name, there's also Artemis/Artemisia and Temperance, but I think these a much more of a stretch than Timea or Fatima.
    Catherine Zelie | Jude Francis
    Elanor Magdalene | Finnian ??
    Rosemary Lark | Calder Timothy
    Genevieve ?? | William Augustine
    Agnes Valentine | Harrison Peter

Lucy ~ Fiona ~ Leia ~ Jane ~ Edith ~ Primrose ~ Gail ~ Gloria
    Elizabeth ~ Therese ~ Maisy ~ Susannah ~ Molly ~ Juniper

August ~ Harrison ~ Benedict ~ Andrew/Ander ~ Ignatius
    Peter ~ Percival/Percy ~ Bram ~ Lewis ~ Oliver ~ Calvin

This one is tough, and my condolences. I don't 'think i'll be much help, but Temperance comes to mind...as well as Timber or Timberly