Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I like both Sophia Ruth and Louisa.

I pronounce Louis and Lewis the same way, unless the Louis is French. Then I'd say Loo-ee. Luis is Loo-EES.

Louis= Loo-ee or Loo-iss or Loo-ees
    Lewis= Loo-iss
    Luis= Loo-ees (I went to school with at least ten boys named Luis, this is how they ALL pronounced their names)

I am not a fan of Sophia (nothing to do with it's popularity, it's just nms) or Louisa. Sophia Ruth has a lovely sound.

I do, however, really adore Ruth. The names with a similar sound/feel as Sophia that I would pair with Ruth...

Amelia Ruth
    Georgia Ruth
    Silvia Ruth
    Dahlia Ruth
    Celia Ruth
    Lucia Ruth
    Nadia Ruth

go with Louis - its the most common so there will be less spelling errors

also unless you are going French and saying Louie, they all sound the same - unless you are really breaking it down and emphasizing letters that dont need to be emphasized

ps the Luis i knew just pronounced it Louis
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Luis is spanish so it is pronounced Loo-ees (no alterations of pronunciations there as this is a straight hispanic name).

Louis is flexible- the English pronunciation is right in line with Lewis... but the French pronunciation is Lou-ee (like Louie).

For the "Lewis" pronunciation, i would go with Louis spelling as I find it to be classier than Lewis.

My personal favorite though is Luis, though I think most people will go with the typical hispanic pronunciation as it is a hispanic name. It would be an uphill battle for his entire life to insist it is pronounced Lewis.

Louisa is a lovely name, but may I suggest a more modern name Eloise? (elle-oh-eese) It is very popular nowadays (I'm gonna throw the word trendy out there) and has been used to honor a Louise in the family tree.
    Louella/Luella can also be used to honor a Louise

I'm on my mobile right now which makes it hard to reply a long response. Now, I'm thinking I like Lucia Maeve nn Lucy. It would still honor Luis (he goes by Lu [pronounced Loo]). What do you think of Lucia Maeve? More opinions and middle name suggestions for Luis would be great. I'd also like more opinions on Sophia Ruth. Just to clarify, I wouldn't use Luis and Lucia for siblings or Sophia and Lucia for siblings. :-)