Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle Name for James (not as easy as it sounds!)

What would be your pick for a middle name for James? My husband wants to steer clear of a middle name that could be potentially turned into a nickname, for example no Thomas (one of my favorites) or other T names, bc of JT. So along those lines, no middle names that begin with B, D, P, R. Also, our last name begins with A, so a middle name that starts with A is out for my husband too. We have a short last name, so two syllables or more would be nice. All of the names I think would flow nicely don't seem to work. James Patrick is also at the top of my list (but that's out). Our son's name has Michael in in it, so that's out too! My dad's name who he is being named after is James Edward (so I'm assuming Edward is out). My husband's name is Gabriel. What are your thoughts on naming my future son after my dad and husband?

It seems you like classic names, so I'll keep that in mind.

Classic sounding boys names for first name James that do not start with A,B,D,P,R, or T, that are at least 2 syllables, and that are not Michael, Gabriel, or Edward:

Christopher
    Ethan
    Everett
    Ezra
    Frederick
    Harris
    Henry
    Isaac
    Isaiah
    Liam
    Louis
    Lucas
    Nathan/Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Oscar
    Victor
    Vincent
    Walter
    William
    Wyatt

James Gabriel is wonderful. I think naming the middle after your husband is perfect! If I have a son, we plan to use my husband's name for the middle. My husband's mn is his father's fn so we may be starting a tradition.

Dovah had some great suggestions, particularly: James Frederick, James Oliver & James Vincent!

Since his dad and brother have names with Hebrew roots, what about,

James Abijah ("God is my Father")
    James Elias ("The Lord is my God")
    James Elijah ""
    James Emmanuel ("God is with us")
    James Ian ("God is gracious")

Other suggestions: James Andrew, James Ellison, James Nolan, James Orson, James Wolfe. I like James Ellison because it incorporates the "el" from Gabriel.