Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "X" fatigue?

There really is no comparison between Lennox and the other trendy "x" names like Jaxon. It's a question of legitimacy and authenticity. Names like Lennox, Xavier and Maximilian have been around for years and are actually spelled with an "x". Lennox is an old name with a Shakespearean pedigree. Jaxon with an "x" is a modern invention. Lennox cannot be pigeonholed to any time period. It's my guess that Jaxon won't have the same longevity. I don't think you should worry.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    There really is no comparison between Lennox and the other trendy "x" names like Jaxon. It's a question of legitimacy and authenticity. Names like Lennox, Xavier and Maximilian have been around for years and are actually spelled with an "x". Lennox is an old name with a Shakespearean pedigree. Jaxon with an "x" is a modern invention. Lennox cannot be pigeonholed to any time period. It's my guess that Jaxon won't have the same longevity. I don't think you should worry.
    I agree. When I worried about the girls name Blythe looking "like one of those names where you throw in a Y to replace another vowel" I was reminded of this same thing.

A friend of mine has a Lennox and he is adorable and it made me fall in love with the name. Use it! Sounds like you really like this name.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Nope, doesn't feel trendy to me. I agree that the willy-nilly X's are the problematic ones. When it's part of a classic name, it still has a distinct coolness factor. I think names like Lennox are awesome largely *because* of the juxtaposition between trendy, modern-feeling letter and old, established monikers.

Agreed - There is not really another spelling for Lennox that is a name...could you go with Lennocks? No! Beautiful name and I would not consider it to be part of the trend.

Lennox is classic so it does not feel like its part of the X craze

other trendy X name are definitely going to be dated to this time period - just as all the Brinleys, Jocelyns, and Kaydens

however if over analyzed some may think you were just looking for a lesser X name on purpose

but i think the majority of people wouldnt notice
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~