0 0%
  • Xanthe Petra

1 5.00%
  • Xanthe Philomena

2 10.00%
  • Xanthe Vanessa

4 20.00%

Xanthe middle names

Please select your favorite middle name for Xanthe, or the one you can most tolerate. If you have reasoning behind your choice beyond ("I hate the other names!" or "I love this one name!"), feel free to express that! It might help me narrow down my options to hear why.

Xanthe Amaryllis
    Xanthe Britta
    Xanthe Eira
    Xanthe Imara
    Xanthe Judith
    Xanthe Petra
    Xanthe Philomena
    Xanthe Vanessa

Xanthe: pron. zan-thee
    Everly Anais | Maren Astoria | Paloma Winter | Vita Olivine | Xanthe Lyra | Cleo Viviana | Gemma Eulalie | Ione Catalina | Lux Isadora | Elettra Phoebe | Delphine Kaia | Hesper Valentina | India Eleri | Juniper Zara | Ivy Atalanta

Harlan Rafferty | Lorcan Barnaby | Soren Felix | Atlas Tyrion | Zephyr Sebastian | Oberon Leo

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

I think the 2:4 format (in terms of syllables) flows really nicely here. Xanthe Philomena and Xanthe Amaryllis are definitely not "safe" names, but I think the longer middle adds a musicality to the shorter first name.

I voted for Xanthe Vanessa. I absolutely ADORE the name Xanthe (husband is not as sold on it). I love the sound of it, as well as the meaning. I like the name with a 3 or 4 syllable middle as well. Also, Vanessa is a very "normal" name that she could fall back on, if need be. However, if Xanthe is my daughter's name, I would not call her by her middle and I don't think she would want to go by it either!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher

collmcc523: Thank you for your input. I agree about the rhythm of the syllables.

stephykneejo: Xanthe and Maeby would be cute. I'm still debating on whether I want a more normal MN or not. Because I'm not really that concerned about it, but I'm trying to think if it's the best idea after all.
    Everly Anais | Maren Astoria | Paloma Winter | Vita Olivine | Xanthe Lyra | Cleo Viviana | Gemma Eulalie | Ione Catalina | Lux Isadora | Elettra Phoebe | Delphine Kaia | Hesper Valentina | India Eleri | Juniper Zara | Ivy Atalanta

Harlan Rafferty | Lorcan Barnaby | Soren Felix | Atlas Tyrion | Zephyr Sebastian | Oberon Leo

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde