Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names with reputations.

I am in love with the name Maile or Mylie, a certain famous Cyrus. Do you think it would be bad to use the name especially with it's most recent show? Has anyone else named their child after a famous rebel? And were there consequences?

Well, I can say that Miley is a cute name, and yes it has a bad rep because of Miley Cyrus. She is just...incredibly incredibly obnoxious. I wouldn't use it for that reason. It's a cute name though. Perhaps you can find a longer name that would suit this as a nickname, like Melania, then use Miley only in close company.

The problem with Miley is that it is cutesy and made up. It isn't even her real name. Maile/Mylie/Miley may seem cute when you're a young child, but it wouldn't be much help when they enter adulthood. Melania is a good suggestion. What about Milena?

There's also the name Maelys for an alternative, or Mylene, Marnie, Marlena, Mara...

I think having spelling the name differently like you did would be quite alright. If I met a girl Name Maile or Mylie I wouldn't think her parents had named her after the celebrity. I love your spelling on Maile by the way, it's very feminine