Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oh, Brother - naming a teenage boy

Genre of Story: Contemporary YA

Time Period/Location: Somewhere on the English south coast, present day

Character Description: 14 year old boy has moved to a new town with his mum and sisters (see below) after his parents split up. He's struggling to deal with the separation and new surroundings and ends up joining a gang, much to his family's disapproval, and acting up at school. He's not a bad person deep down but it's his way of getting attention.

Immediate Family: Sisters: Annabel (16) was the first-born, given a princessy-type name to reflect how her parents felt about her birth.
    Lara (12) was an accident, her father wanted to stop at 2 children but her mother refused to abort her. Was meant to be called Laura but her father cared about her so little he didn't bother correcting a misspelling on her BC.
    Mother: Paula (40s) left her husband after years of abuse and took her kids to a seaside town for a new start. Struggling to make ends meet, she works as a hotel cleaner.
    Father: Trevor (40s) had a dead-end job in a factory and took his frustrations out on his family.

Already Considered
    : Kyle, Ellis, Elliot, Ryan - but none seem to fit him quite right.

Don’t Suggest These Names: Anything similar to Mason, as it's the name of another key character. Would prefer each sibling to have a different starting letter, so no A or L names.

Anything else?: Surname is Franklin, so he gets called Frankie by his mates, but he needs a proper first name.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Out of your list I think Kyle and Ryan work best, Ellis seems a little too unisex for a man like you've described Trevor to be to give his son and Elliot I just don't think it fits but it's still a good name
    Maybe if the marriage was good at the time of his birth he could have been named after his father Trevor Jr and be called TJ which could cause some more issues for him further enforcing his connection to his father and wondering if he would end up like him especially with the violence in gang life reflecting the violence in his previous home life
    He could have been named after a grandparent so an older name like James or maybe something like Harvey or Stephen/Steven that he doesn't particularly like as it's not as common as his school mates names
    Other suggestions that popped into my head/gave me a vibe:
    Mitchell
    Tyler
    Kieran
    Nathan
    Nicholas
    Isaac
    Max
    Samuel
    Jasper
    Jack
    Number 1 Aunty to one adorable ray of sunshine Rosalee Jillian 'Rosie'/'Roe'
    Cousin & Godmother to the delightful Erica Marisol 'Eri'/'Ricki'
    & Godmother to Sadie Bryn 'Bean' & honorary aunt to Molly Maeve Tuesday 'Molly Dolly'!

I like the idea of Trevor Jr nn TJ actually, it sounds like the sort of thing he'd do, want to name a son after himself as sort of an ego-boost type thing. Juniors aren't all that popular in the UK though, and I could see the boy hating his name (Trevor's dated, a bit of a 'dad' name in the UK)and it being another reason to act up.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Harris
    Emerson/Emery
    Tyler
    Travis
    Toby
    Dallas
    Ander
    Donovan
    Finnegan
    Kieran
    Levi
    Carter
    Calder
    Jacob

I feel like they fit the character - my personal favorites are Harris, Tyler, and Emery. Hope they helped!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Try.

Phineas nn Phin
    William nn Will
    Miranda ・13 ・Fangirl ・Author
    Writer ・Student ・Game of Thrones

♕ Kings ♕
    Rafael ・Jared ・Felix ・Sebastien ・Emmett ・Varan
    ♔ Queens ♔
    Ingrid ・Saskia ・Minerva ・Magnolia ・Norna ・Emilia ・Louisa ・Jemsa ・Isobel ・Lucrezia

Author of

Royal
    Empire of Crowns