Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

what names feel like Isla

Hey folks,
    working on names for baby #3 - always had a hard time thinking of girl names that seem right with big sister Isla Hope. When I picked Isla, it wasn't in the top 1,000 - now it's much more common and is actually something like #60 in Vermont (where I live). As much as I obsessed about popularity when I was pg with her, now that we run into other Isla's and people have actually heard the name before, I actually don't mind a bit. I'm glad in a way because people recognize her name and know how to pronounce it now! Still though, when people first meet her their response is typically, "wow, what a beautiful name!" I would hate to give her sister (if the next baby is a girl) a name that feels less special, kwim? "wow, what a pretty name Isla is. And Heidi, that's nice too." Heidi is on the top of our list for girl's name right now. Do you see Isla as being trendy, unique, feminine, frilly, foreign, or something else? Any other names that you think have the same feeling?

I like Isla! It's my BF's favorite mainly because of that hot Isla Fisher but I find the name nice too. Too bad it's so popular here.
    These have similar feel:
    Rosalie/Rosie
    Agnes
    Ivy
    Zoe
    Holly
    Daisy
    Ottilie
    Verity
    Hazel
    Sybil
    Last edited by mclevine; August 30th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

I really like Zoe, but worry about popularity. I also worry that it's too common/regular compared to Isla - but you think they seem to be in same category?

I love Isla. I think it is feminine but not frilly. It has shot up in popularity, but I still think it a fairly unique name in the US.

Similar if only for being short and sweet:
    Esme
    Keira/Kira
    Maeve/Maeva
    Mila
    Mira
    Nora
    Nola
    Oona
    Stella
    Viola
    Zara
    Zoe
    Zola

I'm going to second some of the names emsky mentioned. Esme, it has a very similar feel to Isla, pretty and girly but not to frilly. Would definitely be a sib set that would make me say " wow you're girls names are both so gorgeous."
    I also like the suggestion of Viola, if you don't mind the La, La ending in each girls name.
    Also liked Nora and Zara, but both names to me feel a bit spunky, and not as girly.