Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvi ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

Traditionally, Molly is a pet form of Mary. Doesn't get more classic than that!
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieamilea View Post
    Hi Berries!

This is my first time posting on the forum - ever! - so I'm really looking forward to putting our name-crazy minds together. Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

My husband and I are expecting our first baby, a girl (!!!!!!), and we are just starting to put together a prospective name list. I love classic names like Eleanor (our absolute favourite right now but we're discouraged by how popular it and "Ellie" are ) and Harriet, and those a little "cooler" like Finlay and Harper. I think we will end up choosing a classic name that has a cute nick name. For example, Rory for Lorelei, Rosie for Rosalie etc.

I love the nickname Mollie but cannot think of anything besides Margaret and Mary as first names that would warrant Mollie. I like Margaret but my husband doesn't. We would love to hear classic names that have nicknames like Poppy or Ruby too - and maybe a nickname for Harriette that is not Hattie or Etta!

To give you a guideline, our last name is monosyllabic and starts with S. Thanks so much!
    I was just trying to think up a long name for Mollie myself! Glad you posted this! I LOVE the suggestion of Amalia - never heard that before but it's very pretty. Too bad it's probably too matchy with my DD's name, but I might add it to my list anyway.

Others that I'm considering, that you might also like, are:
    Hadley nn Haddie
    Elaine nn Lainey
    Mom to Julia Catherine

Red face

Our daughter is Penelope, nicknamed Poppy!

Or:
    Millicent, nicknamed Millie
    Louisa, nicknamed Lulu
    Matilda, nicknamed Tillie