Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Elegant name with cute nickname (Mollie)

Hi Berries!

This is my first time posting on the forum - ever! - so I'm really looking forward to putting our name-crazy minds together. Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

My husband and I are expecting our first baby, a girl (!!!!!!), and we are just starting to put together a prospective name list. I love classic names like Eleanor (our absolute favourite right now but we're discouraged by how popular it and "Ellie" are ) and Harriet, and those a little "cooler" like Finlay and Harper. I think we will end up choosing a classic name that has a cute nick name. For example, Rory for Lorelei, Rosie for Rosalie etc.

I love the nickname Mollie but cannot think of anything besides Margaret and Mary as first names that would warrant Mollie. I like Margaret but my husband doesn't. We would love to hear classic names that have nicknames like Poppy or Ruby too - and maybe a nickname for Harriette that is not Hattie or Etta!

To give you a guideline, our last name is monosyllabic and starts with S. Thanks so much!