Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I do think Isabel nn Zoe is a huge stretch, but I've tried to get away with worse (Johanna nn Posy? It still makes sense to me, but no one else!). I think you could get away with it, but I think a lot of people would scratch their heads when they hear it. I think it matters more that it makes sense to you, as opposed to others. Because if it doesn't make sense to you, you're not going to be able to enforce it, much as you like it. You just won't have the guts to go through with it. That's been my experience, at least!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I don't think it's too much of a stretch, actually. If your pronounce it with a strong Z sound, and if you're pronouncing it Zo rather than Zo-ee.

That was on my list. Izobel, nn Zoe. I love it and think it works.

I feel like it works for Isobel, Izabel or Izobel, but not Isabel or Isabelle. There have to be some letters in common.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Iphigenia Cleo
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

I don't think it works at all.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...