Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Zoe as a nickname for Isabel/Isobel?

Okay, I know it's definitely a stretch, and I'm usually not one for non-traditional nicknames, but what do you think of Zoe as a nickname for Isabel/Isobel? (Isobel would probably make more sense.) Is it just too weird, or do you think it could work? It's not that different from Izzie...
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I think it's a huge reach. But then, I don't get a lot of the Elizabeth nicknames either.

It feels contrived.

I think (though I'm about to cringe at this), in order for this to work you'd need to use Izobelle/Izobel. Otherwise, it won't likely catch on. That being said, I suppose it's not too much different from Lily for Elizabeth or Poppy for Ophelia, Plum for Victoria, etc. You could always give it a try, and if it doesn't catch on, there are plenty of other nicknames.

Another idea would be to uses Isabelle/Isabel/Isobel Zoe as a name. That way, even if it doesn't catch on, she'd simply be using her middle name as her first.
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

They seem like 2 totally different names maybe Isobel Zoe and then you'll have a reason to call her zoe since its her middle name. Some other nicknames for Isobel could be Ibby or Isa.
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn