Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Double Names? John ____?

I'm not sure how common/popular it is everywhere but where I live, it's fairly common to hear someone named John something...as their first name. For example, I know John Edward, John Arthur, John Angus, John Anthony, John David, John Alec, etc etc! I personally really like this sound but of course only certain names flow nicely after John. My husband loves the name John Henry but I'm not sure about the flow?! What do people think of John Henry?? Also do you have any other suggestions for John names. I love John Luke as well. I gues to throw one more question in, if you were to use a double name like this, would you also add a middle name after? or just leave it w/ the two first names and a last? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I like John Henry, and it sounds beautiful to me. Although a little bit less, I also like your suggestion of John Luke, and I can understand the appeal as it is less of a classic than Henry.
    Can I ask what would you call him, the first or the second name?
    As to a third name, I think I wouldn't add one, even though I usually like long names (I'm Portuguese, I have 5 names, it's not unusual).

Some other suggestions:
    John Alfred
    John Archer (Archie)
    John Edmund
    John Edward
    John Eli
    John Elliot
    John Emmett
    John Ernest
    John Ethan
    John Everett
    John Lou
    John Louis
    John Lloyd
    John Theodore (Theo/Teddy)
    John Thomas
    John Vincent
    John Wyatt

Hope any of this was of help! Good luck!

John Henry was a folk hero from stories about the railroad.

John Arthur's pretty splendid, and I like John Archer too. I know a John Michael.
    John Henry sounds great, though I wouldn't use it because of the folk tales. John Luke reminds me strongly of the French Jean-Luc.

I like them, actually! I know a kid named Jon Luke (they're part Dutch, hence the Jon spelling). He usually just goes by Luke (used to go by Lukie when he was really little), but I still think it's a cool concept. I've heard of John Micah, as well, which I love, and I've fallen in love with John David, John August, John Peter, John Henry, etc. I think Mhairi, Fiona, and John Henry would be pretty cool, in fact! He could go by John, Jack, Johnny, JJ, Henry, Hank, Hal, Harry... I think it's fab.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus