Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Sorceress; yeah, I know you like that one!

Gwen; Waterhousing, yup should be a thing! I had a period when I was 16-17 when I looked like a Waterhouse painting in all photos taken of me. Yup, the Natalie Merchant song won him over... so beautiful. Glad you like the Silvia Circe one, it's my favourite right now.

Ess; We thought we'd nailed the ll-sound, until we said Gwenllian in front of one of our friends and she was like "no". So we had a Welsh double L pronunciation workshop with her and we thought we did really well, but we did not. She said it was better to say it anglicized than half-way right. So gwen-LEE-an it is. Silly English people .

Muffs; I do loooove it. Silvia's perfect. Terpsichore too, but that leaves Circe out in the cold and I'm not sure I can live with myself if I don't use Circe somewhere. Drama Queen right here.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

So you're loving Circe in the combo? Gwenllian Atalanta Circe is pretty great, but how about...

Gwenllian Megara Circe
    Gwenllian Cassandra Circe
    Gwenllian Circe Ursula (!! It sets everything up for a surname to go right on and sound awesome!)
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Hello Dearie.
    Gwenllian Circe Eilonwy is delicious. It makes me think of that e.e. cummings poem, (in Just)
    "...and it's spring
    when the world is puddle-wonderful
    the queer
    old balloonman whistles
    far and wee..."
    It goes on but that "far and wee" makes me think of Eilonwy, and Gwenllian really is "puddle-wonderful." He uses "mud-luscious" in there somewhere too.
    Cleopatra Phoebe Atalanta is grand and beautiful. I like catlike Cleo with birdlike Phoebe - I might be tempted to call her Catbird sometimes.
    What's happening with Morgana again? Do we have middles yet?
    How are you? xo E

Emma!!! Thanks, I love Gwenllian Circe Eilonwy. Ah, that poem is wonderful! I need to read the whole thing now. Far and wee... Eilonwy. I see that one! I'm glad you like Cleo too. Catbird is too cute! Morgana, I think she's set. Morgana Ophelia Tinuviel has been my favourite for months now. I'm good - bump's showing. How are you my sweet? xox

Sara; Gwenllian Cassandra Circe is delicious... want to eat it up. Almost.

I think we're down to these four:
    Gwenllian Circe Cassandra
    Gwenllian Circe Eilonwy
    Gwenllian Silvia Circe (I know there's a whole lot of s-sounds, but I still think it's pretty)
    Gwenllian Silvia Terpsichore
    Last edited by ottilie; September 1st, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Ooh la la - Morgana Ophelia Tinuviel is magical. And it spells mote, which is such a beautiful word, though maybe not suitable as a nickname :-) I think of hours spent on the kitchen floor as a little girl staring at dust motes glittering in a stream of sunlight. Ophelia Tinuviel.. it curls and crinkles doesn't it? Such a delightfully detailed pairing of names after strong, smooth, stately Morgana. Well done.
    I'm doing pretty well, busy. I love September, goldenrod, new pencils. It's a good time of year. Congratulations on the burgeoning bump. That must be so fun. I would wear tons of stripes and polkadots!