Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

London, England

Glorious Gwenllian

Next one up is Gwenllian. Come on in and work your magic!

Gwenllian is mountains and flooding water. I see her as a fierce huntress, a warrior, someone sharp and alert, almost wolf-like (my wolf dream is coming in here). She definitely embodies the spirit of the wolf; loving, protective, wild, free and beautiful. She’s running through forests and creeks, swimming in rivers, embraces the rain like a dear friend. Purple and white heather, rabbits, owls, trees. Running... climbing trees and mountainwalls, wild and free. As a child I picture her as an animal friend, someone who wants to save every fly that comes into the house, and I imagine a garden reminiscent of a graveyard with everything from butterflies to moles buried there. She'd rather play in a treehouse than with a dollhouse. A pathfinder, someone who's handy with a knife and a rope, unafraid of messy hair and dirty socks.

I'm not too concerned with "normal" middles for Gwenllian, because of the Gwen part.

I'm considering these names for the middle spot:

So far combos under consideration are:
    Gwenllian Atalanta Elaine
    Gwenllian Psyche Eilonwy
    Gwenllian Circe Eilonwy

Sights and Sounds:
    One - Two - Three - Four - Five -Six
    I think of Kate Bush with Gwenllian. Hounds of Love and Cloudbusting.

(These feelings I get and images I posted are just how I see the name, I'm not expecting my daughter to magically turn out like this if I name her Gwenllian )
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

:O that was an amazing description that won me over to a name I've never heard and don't particularly like the sound of
    I like Atalanta! I'd never heard that either. Although with that combo Elaine seems a little... mundane?
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

Northern Virginia/DC metro area
    This is weird. I've never comboed a name so similar to my own before. Also, your imagery describes me almost perfectly. Love that you included that shot from Secret of Moonacre-- such a pretty movie, and I love bunnies. People around campus last year called me either "Snow White" or "the Bunny Whisperer" because I semi-tamed the bunnies who lived outside the dorms. I may have to steal that one and use it as an avatar...

Gwenllian Cassandra Circe
    Gwenllian Oenone Elaine
    Gwenllian Eilonwy Elaine
    Gwenllian Merida Yvaine
    Gwenllian Psyche Atalanta
    Gwenllian Ophelia Psyche
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Viola Ailsa Coraline
    Emmett Kieran Prosper Zeke August

I remember you mentioned Proserpina as a potential name in one of your earlier threads. I like the sound of Gwenllian Proserpina Elaine and Gwenllian Proserpina Cyrene.

Gwenllian Merida Cyrene wins for me.

I really like Cyrene! Writing it down!
    Top Names: Benedict Zeal & Noelle Geneva
    Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
    Eli/Calvin: Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
    TTC this year!!