Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Oh, Ottilie. You always make such lovely mind-pictures of the names you are having us use. I have my own wolf-child, Johanna. The wolf has somehow always followed her through life. She would dream of them as a little girl and had a "pack" in her room with her at night. I often used to wonder if it had to do with DH's speck of Native American blood? She will be turning 28 soon, married and a serious and ferocious mother. And I am wandering...Must be age catching up to me.

Gwenllian Atalanta paired together fit your description so well. I love Gwenllian Atalanta Elaine but Gwenllian Atalanta Yvaine makes my heart race on padded feet through the night (since soaring would be out of the question) and Gwenllian Atalanta Sylvaine , well it may be a little literal but still...

Good luck on your search - your raw material is delectable. The end result can't help but be delicious.

I think Megara is perfect with Gwenllian, especially with that imagery.

My top two would be:
    Gwenllian Megara Melusine
    Gwenllian Megara Cyrene

I also like:
    Gwenllian Atalanta Cyrene
    Gwenllian Psyche Elaine

And I came back for more. I was in the car with boyfriend and while we were waiting in the traffic jam, I was making Gwen combos in my head, can you imagine? So here they are, hope you don't mind a few new names for middles:
    Gwenllian Pelagia Yvaine (also love Gwenllian Pelagia Psyche but I see you crossed Psyche off)
    Gwenllian Anastasia Nephele
    Gwenllian Isis Eluned (Eluned should be e-lee-ned with Welsh pronunciation but, honestly, I prefer a-loo-ned for this combo)
    Gwenllian Sybilla Leontine (can wolf be friends with lion here? I think so)
    Gwenllian Electra Melusine (love the soft l's. Elettra may work too)
    Gwenllian Sophia Nightingale (how amazing nightingales are... They sing so beautiful!And Sophia works for normal one as well. )
    Last edited by mclevine; August 31st, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Bonnie; I love hearing about your daughter! It must be so weird when they grow up... I can't imagine my little ones as grown women. I love her connections with wolves, and Johanna's a beautiful name! Thanks for that, and your sweet words. Gwenllian Atalanta Yvaine is absolutely haunting.

Castles; thank you! I love Gwenllian Megara Cyrene too.

Victoria; I don't mind! I do that too, when we're out driving. He never lets me drive... so I make combos instead! Eluned's actually e-LIN-ed! I love Gwenllian Pelagia Yvaine, Gwenllian Isis Eluned and Gwenllian Electra Melusine. I also love Nightingale, but someone would not approve. Killjoy is his name.

I wrote down all the combos I liked, showed them to Husband and these are the ones we both like:
    Gwenllian Atalanta Elaine
    Gwenllian Atalanta Yvaine (Bonnie)
    Gwenllian Callisto Titania (Reverie)
    Gwenllian Cassandra Eilonwy or Gwenllian Eilonwy Cassandra (Hannie & Amy)
    Gwenllian Cassandra Elaine (Lexie)
    Gwenllian Cassandra Oenone (Tuitree)
    Gwenllian Circe Atalanta (Niamh)
    Gwenllian Circe Cassandra (Gwen & Averella, I just did a switch-a-roo)
    Gwenllian Circe Eilonwy
    Gwenllian Eimyrja Melusine (Zelia)
    Gwenllian Freyja Sylvaine (Sessha)
    Gwenllian Ophelia Atalanta (Reverie)
    Gwenllian Proserpina Elaine (Esswei)
    Gwenllian Signe Eilonwy (Zelia & Sessha)
    Gwenllian Silvia Terpsichore (Muffin & Sessha)

These ones we loves but won't use:
    Gwenllian Olwen Eurydice (We both adore Olwen and Eurydice together, but we feel it would be better for Isolde. Isolde Olwen Eurydice?)
    Gwenllian Cassandra Isolde (Husband loved, but is uncomfortable putting two of his favourite names together in case of third girl.)
    Gwenllian Hespera Yvaine (Hespera & Yvaine are magical together, but we feel these might be better with Zenobia. Zenobia Hespera Yvaine.)

He said a big fat no to Megara, Ursula and Merida. He asked me why I want my daughter to hate me. Yeah. He thinks these names are too ugly and that it would be mean to give the second child an ugly name when Dita's are all so beautiful. Psyche's out because "it's ridiculous, especially with a manic depressive mum.". And the "do you want our daughter to hate you?" came up again. He thought the Gwenllian Proserpina Florimell was "pretty for Disney princess on LCD".

And then he added one he likes all on his own: Gwenllian Circe Terpsichore.

Thanks to all of you again, you rock my socks off!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I did this last night (your morning), but my phone doesn't let me copy & paste on Nameberry. I know this is rather late, but anyway...

Gwenllian is so gorgeous. That foresty feel is so amazing. Running through the misty woods with her long wavy hair catching in the breeze.

Gwenllian Atalanta Elaine is gorgeous. Gwenllian Circe Eilonwy is too.

Here are some suggestions, though they arent too interesting.

Names with wolfy meanings:

Adolpha
    Faoiltiama
    Ulrica
    Conwenna
    Accalia
    Guadalupe
    Otsana
    Lupita

You probably have enough suggestions already, but:

Gwenllian Otsana Eilonwy
    Gwenllian Lupita Elaine
    Gwenllian Faoiltiama Oenone
    Gwenllian Adolpha Elaine

Good luck Ottilie!
    Lee, blackbird.

Aleka . Audrey . Cass . Chloe . Etta . India . Marian . Margot . Miranda . Molly . Natalie . Rosi . Samantha . Stephanie
    Christopher . Dylan . Henry . James . Julian . Levi . Paul . River . Vern . William