Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Charlotte Zoe too generic? (and other Charlotte questions!)

So Charlotte has been on my list for eons, but I have lately been reconsidering my Charlotte combo. I have really been liking Charlotte Zoe lately (like the dichotomy between Jane-Austen vintage, and seemingly modern--I even like the dichotomy of Zoe's seemingly modern feel, though it's been in use since early Christendom, and was even used by a Byzantine empress in the 11th century!), and I love that Zoe's reminiscent of my Koine Greek days in college (and my love of languages!)--I was a theology student my freshman year of college, and took a year of ancient Greek; Ζωη was one of the first words I learned! But a friend recently pointed out that since Charlotte and Zoe(y) are both so popular right now, Charlotte Zoe comes across as quite generic and didn't really match up to my other combos (Isabelle Aurora Grace, Arianne Eleanor Kate, Olivia Wren Camille, Violet Ophelia Claire, Rachel Evangeline Clara, Liliana Odette Pearl, Eleni Giovanna Kate, Eva Felicity Claire, Hannah Lenore Claire, Catherine Lydia Eve, Emmeline Poppy [Lou], Tess Penelope [Kate], etc.). WDYT?

I had been intending to use Ruth or Rue to honor my grandmother and sister, so it would likely be Charlotte Zoe Ruth, or Charlotte Zoe Rue (if I can convince myself to use Ruth/Rue this time!). I love the nn Lola Roo, or even potentially Lottie Roo.

If you think it is a bit boring, what would you suggest? I have also been tossing around Charlotte Eden, Charlotte Zinnia, Charlotte Zosia, and Charlotte Iris, as well. I am by no means decided on Charlotte Zoe yet--I've just been really loving it, and wanted to see what you all thought. I feel like I like some of the others (especially Charlotte Eden and Charlotte Iris) much more with Ruth/Rue, though...

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Ash- I've been having the same "generic" struggle with my own Zoe combo (Zoe Elizabeth), so I get where you're coming from. I think that Rue adds a bit of spark to the combo. I absolutely adore Zoe Ruth together! And Lola Roo is adorable!
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

I might go with something that flows better--perhaps Charlotte Zelda, Charlotte Zara, Charlotte Zerelda, or Charlotte Zahara. These names include a consonant in common with those in Charlotte, so they relate better (IMHO).

I don't like Charlotte, but I do love Zoe and Rue/Ruth. Why not Zoe Charlotte Ruth?
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

@janna - at the risk of sounding blunt, lol--because Charlotte is what I truly love. I like Zoe (I love Zoe), but I LOVE Charlotte.

@dindlee - Aww, Zoe Elizabeth is a bit generic, but it's still really beautiful! Do you have significance with Elizabeth? I've been crushing on all these Zoe combos lately, that I'd love to use if I ever used Zoe up front! Zoe Cosima, Zoe Aurelia, Zoe Liliane... There are so many beautiful names with Zoe out there. I do like the simplicity of just Zoe Elizabeth, though!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George