Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ottillie and other co-sleeping Momberries

I am in need of some help! We have co-slept off and on with our son. When he was very small he slept in our bed, then moved to his crib no problems for over a year. I don't mind co-sleeping at all, infact I really enjoy the extra cuddle time. However, I am due with #2 in February and I don't know how well this will work with a newborn, 3 year old, my husband and myself all in one queen sized bed. We recently set up his twin-sized bed. We thought he'd love his bed - It's one of those that is shaped like a car (which he is obsessed with cars right now) and we got him new sheets and blanekts to make it super comfy and cozy, he just doesn't want to sleep there! The only way we can get him to sleep in there is if we lay down with him until he falls asleep, and then he will usually come creeping into our bed in the middle of the night/early morning. Some evenings we're just too tired and just bring him straight into our bed without even trying his "big boy" bed. I know consistency is key in parenting, and letting him come straight into our bed when we are too tired has got to stop, but does anyone have any other advice to help him into his own bed all the time?
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

In my experience its about letting them do it in their own time. We started transitioning dd#1 at 2 years old but always let her come in our bed in the night if she chose to. When her sister was born I felt like it would not have been fair to her to say you cant sleep with us but the new baby can. She took advantage for a bit but it wore off and I think she realized she slept better on her own in her bed all night.
    Now dd#2 is 2 and we are working on the same plan since we are expecting #3 next year. Again, I don't plan to force it or make any rules regarding it... Just a solid consistent routine and an open bed policy so she knows we are there if she needs us.
    Also, we keep our babies in a co-sleeper next to the bed for the first few months. It gives extra space and a little more time for the older sibling to adjust to the new baby. It solves the room in the bed issue for that period of time and hopefully the older sibling will realize he's not missing a party or anything being in his own bed :-)
    Good luck!

Thank you! I am thinking about getting one of those Rock N Play things from Fisher Price for the new baby and just have the baby next to our bed in that. Maybe DS will realize that baby screams and wakes up at night and his own bed is nice and quiet. I guess I'm worried that the newest baby will wake DS up, and then he'll want to play or something in the middle of the night while I'm feeding the baby. Ugh, adding a second is scary!
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

I can't help I'm afraid! My daughter's only a little over five months, and we're planning on getting her in the cot before this baby arrives. Even though it makes me feel horrible... I think having a family bed would be nice (when they're under two), but Husband does not. I've started putting her in her cot during her daytime naps, and she sleeps fine in there.The door between our and her room is right next to our bed, and her room is super cosy with stars and a moon dangling from the ceiling and lots of little stuffed friends, so hopefully it will be okay.

I think making sure the room is really cosy is important. Have a nice night lamp, a bedtime music box, read stories and sing songs in bed. Does he spend a lot of time during the day in his bedroom? I can imagine if you're hardly ever in your room it might seem less familiar, and therefore harder to sleep in... maybe? But, like I said, I don't know! Good luck!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Our son was sick a lot the first year, so we started bringing him into the bed after 6am on weekends... and somehow I lost control. He's 5, and won't stay the whole night in his bed.

I need my space. These babies aren't getting any smaller. Ideas?
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~