Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Naming our third- Team Green

So I have a fairly mismatched sibset right now. My daughter Marley Marianne and my son Solomon James (we call him Solo). We are pregnant and on team green now. I had my girl name all picked out but I cannot convince my husband, because he does not share my dorky inclinations (hey nobody's perfect)

The girl name I love is Chani Bright (pron: Chainy) It is a character from the Dune series. My husband hates it because the only association he has with the name was "the VP that shot the other guy with buckshot." He's probably in the majority on this one.

So.. looking for names for both genders. Here is some basic info about me/us:

Our last name ends in the "oh" sound. Starts with a W. Ok, it's Winslow. So no using Homer
    The sibset coordination thing isn't all that important to me since most of their lives will be lived independently of each other.

Girl names I like: Susanna, Lane, India (family name), Joni, Simrona, Jaina, Della, Liet
    Girl names I'm not into: London, Anything top 100, Violet

Boy names I like: Alton, Gordon, Rollo, Frederick, George (but it's out for us now), Moss, Bennett, Claude, Wilder, Pax, Ludo, Nelson
    Boy names I'm not into: I don't know. I like to avoid top 100 (or 1000! lol)

Any ideas are welcome. There is always some golden advise to be found in the forums.

Susanna is a very gorgeous name! So glad to see others on nameberry loving it too. And from your boy's list particularly love - Frederick, Bennett, Wilder and Moss (never would have thought of that!)

Other Girl Names you might like:
    Helene
    Lucia
    Zara
    Marguerite (not sure if you mind repeating initials or not)

Other Boy names you might like
    Drake
    Zephyr
    Tobias
    Alec

Hope some of these help!

I suggest Sequoia Liet and Claudius Pax (love your choices!).

Love unique names too (As you can tell from my signature!) I'll try not to repeat any from my signature:

Bambi Vesper
    Vivienne Maple
    Marchelline Dove
    Ophelia
    Ottilie
    Galilee

Moseby
    Astala
    Lincoln
    Spartacus
    Titan
    Thorne
    Hawk
    Eulalie/Eulalia Clio & Lysander James

Ferelith November
    Melisende Daisy

Oberon (Bear) (mn suggestions welcome)
    Jupiter

Firstly, with your surname, I would eliminate any name ending in "o" (goodbye, Ludo and Rollo Winslow ). Names with pronounced s's can also be lispy but my fave from your girls list, Susanna Winslow, isn't too bad because of the syllable count. However, Solomon and Susanna do share an initial so it's not ideal. Your girls names aren't my style as they're too cutesy for my taste. Frederick Winslow matches the majesty of Solomon so that would be my favourite from your boy's list.

Boy Suggestions

Abraham
    Raphael
    Gideon
    Valentine
    Benedict
    Conrad
    Reuben
    Ferdinand
    Nehemiah
    Emmanuel
    Joachim