Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thing is, I'm not sure how close we're going to be in the future - I don't know the last time I've seen or spoken to any of them as we all live in different parts of the country, it's more just cards at Christmas and birthdays, that sort of thing. And the names are fairly common, sort of the same popularity as Hardertobreathe's example of Adam, nothing really unique like Augustinus or whatever.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I think it would depend on the name as well as the family dynamics.

My family wouldn't see it as weird at all, but I know some people are more touchy about those sorts of things.

If it's Claire, and you see cousin Claire once a year and doesn't really converse.....not really a big deal.

If it's Raina, and you see cousin Raina 5 times a year and you have an up and down relationship....may be weird.

I'd ask some family members who know the situation--mother, sister, close aunt--what do they think?
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I would go for it, especially for common names, and definitely no hesitation in the middle.

I think it all totally depends! Do you only see them once or twice a year, and is it a name like Hannah, which is in the top 50? Then I think it's totally usable! I have the name Sophia on my tops list, and I have a cousin named Sophia "Sophie". The way I justify it is that a) it's common, b) I only see her once a year at the very most and c) once I have kids, I will be seeing her less. There are so many different factors. Maybe talk to the people whose name you want to use and be like "Hey, I think your name is awesome, the hubby and I really love it, would it be weird for you if I named my kid (Insert name here)"
    Gracie ~ Teen Berry ~ Not Expecting, Just Planning

Depends on your relationship and how often you see them. Personally, I've ruled out any names of immediate extended family members (siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins or cousins' children) from my lists. This list includes several names I love (Emma, June, Benjamin, James, Thomas, Angus, Elsa, Anna, Joseph, Louisa and Beatrice). However, I'd consider any of these names as a middle. For example, my husband's uncle is named Joseph. We both love this name, but won't choose it because it would be like naming our child after him and we certainly don't want to do that!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter