Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Although I wouldn't personally use Rapunzel (because I don't like how it sounds) it could work. The tale however, depending on which version can be quite gruesome and that is probably part of the reason why others might not like it so much. And it is a strong association that a lot of people have grown up with. However @giinkies if you want to name your child Rapunzel, go ahead. Its your choice, you love the name.

Now to answer the OP, thanks for the info! Rapunzel is quite an interesting name whether or not you like it. Bitter Greens is one of my favorite books, and I love the character Margherita. A couple months ago I had the chance to see the author talk about it, and she said that Rapunzel was her favorite fairy tale and it deeply resonated with her (she spent a lot of time in hospital when she was young).
    Marko | Susanna | Kit | Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by giinkies View Post
    The OP isn't online incase you haven't noticed.

And you can feel free to re-read other people's post and the fact that they were quoting me and not the OP.
    They were quoting you because you got the ball rolling again. You quoted a post from the closed thread here so you could reply to it. That's what started things again.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriela View Post
    They were quoting you because you got the ball rolling again. You quoted a post from the closed thread here so you could reply to it. That's what started things again.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.
    No... the OP got the ball rolling again.
    I would have left it at that had someone else not started a thread saying 'Rapunzel Expansion'... incase you missed the name of it.

I was responding to something in the same way you are?

You keep quoting me and disagreeing with me, then criticizing me for doing the same?

What are you doing then?

I was responding as you kept the ball rolling.
    If you throw a ball up in the air and no one else plays with it, it becomes a stationary ball.
    Contrary to what most people on this thread insist, a conversation is a 2 way street.

Lets so agree to disagree then move on...
    Yet you want to respond to what I say, then think I shouldn't do the same?

Seriously.

I think we've discussed this name enough. Giinkies likes Rapunzel. Most others don't. Whatever.

Although somebody else started this thread, all they did was look into the history of the fairytale Rapunzel. As Gabriela said, Giinkies was the one who quoted from the other thread and brought up the arguments regarding whether or not it's a usable name - an argument that she can't seem to let go of.

Probably time to end this thread.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

All I keep hearing from you is
    "Giinkies... lets agree to disagree" BUT *insert opinion of name*
    Okay.

My last couple comments were just to say that I have just as much a right to state my opinion as you do.

You just start a sentence off saying lets end this... then proceed in the opposite direction by perpetuating it.
    Which I guess I am doing as well (not a one way street here) so I am just going to end it.

(it's funny how people keep accusing me of doing this yet people below me keep commenting on and quoting a dead argument and not ending it)
    Last edited by giinkies; August 30th, 2013 at 03:05 AM.