Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Dahlia?

Do you prefer Dahlia or Dalia?
    Do you have any nn options you like for it?
    What would you think of a person named Dahlia?
    Any other thoughts with it?

Please and thank you!
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

I think it's awesome! I think I would go for dahlia. That's how you spell the flower, right? Somehow seems more legitimate to me. And I think there are some possible pronunciation issues. I would always pronounce it da-lee-a, but I think some people say day-lee-a.
    Mom to Arienne Christina, Vienna Claire, and Clio Victoria!
    www.yournamestory.com

I adore Dahlia, definitely with the "h". I think it's too pretty for a nickname, but Lia works.

I really like the name Dahlia. I pronounce it Dahl-ya. If I had a Dahlia I might call her Dolly as a nickname sometimes. So pretty!

I love Dahlia! I say DAHL-yah. I think it's stunning. I much prefer it with the "H", but I think I read somewhere that without it it's an international variant--I think maybe a Hebrew variant? Not sure. Still, both are very pretty.

If I met a Dahlia, I would probably blurt out like a total name-addict-idiot, "Eeeeek, I love your name!" bahaha. I would also be seriously impressed with little (or not so little) Dahlia's parents, for coming up with such an impressive name! Love it.

For nns, the only ones I can really think of are Dolly and Lia. I suppose you could stretch it and use Allie...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George