Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Books with great character names!

WARNING! This post is very name-nerdy
    I'm reading a book called Cold Comfort Farm, written in 1932. What immediately struck me was how before-their-time trendy the names of the characters were! For example, there are characters named:

which I find to be very 'now'. Any books you've read that strike you particularly?
    Another book, How I live now, has a character named Piper. Fancy that!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

I just finished reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I was pleasantly surprised to see it feature a 16 year old Hazel, and a 17 year old Augustus (Gus).
    Mama to Theodore Adler Emmett "Theo" born April 2, 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

John Green has some awesome names (as stated before). In Paper Towns the two leads are Quentin and Margo. In the book series delerium there is a Julian and a Magdelena(Lena) and then the more natur-y Raven and Bram(not a nickname). I think the dystopian novels always have really interesting names, even if they aren't usable they are really cool, haha.

In my opinion, the book with the best character names is the Mysterious Benedict Society Trilogy, by Trenton Lee Stewart. A lot of the names have puns or hidden meanings about the person in them, which I find entertaining (It's a children's series but I know many adults who read it as well, it being a per manent favourite of mine). Some are: Constance, Reynard, Martina, Rhonda, Nicholas, George, and Pencilla. Also, many minor characters have interesting names as well: Corliss, Eustace, Sylvie, Daatje, and Covett. There are also really great surnames in it as well.
    Last edited by chicamerlin; August 29th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

Oh, and I also love Journey to the River Sea by children's author Eva Ibbotson. There's a Gwendolyn, Beatrice, Maia and Olga. Love those names!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *