Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thank you all for replies! I am glad to get advice.
    Nelly is going to be 4 months on the 12th, so still a baby. And she has adored grandma since her first days, maybe that's just something special in their relationship.
    @tarynkay: I don't have a granny (she had died before I was born) so there is a chance that I probably just don't know how magical and fantastic grandmas can be to grandchildren... But I immediately followed the advice, boyfriend and me had a meal out and when we got home, Nelly was so happy and smiley that she even allowed me to cuddle her and take away from my mom. Magic!
    @Katie: I understand you absolutely, Nelly is basically the same with the exception she is much smaller so she can't express her emotions directly.
    @feberin: thank you. I can't say for sure whether I am acting like a perfect mom but I have only little experience though try my best. I guess Nelly kind of got used to me and granny is new and exciting to her, that's all.

You will always be Nellys favorite, like others said she just doesn't react cause she's always with you.
    I leave Ayla with my MIL for an hour every week while I go to Pilates, she never cares that I'm going but is so excited when I get back!
    My mum is in Nz and we're in Aus. My parents are coming over next week for Ayla's birthday and I'm really hoping Ayla is as comfortable with Granny Chic as she is with her Aussie Gran. Fingers crossed!
    And PS glad you and your SO are getting some couple time. It's good for you and Nelly, enjoy it!

Thank you, @tuitree! I will dedinitelt talk to my mom and ask if she can babysit Nelly for a few hours very two or three weeks so I can have free time and stuff. And I am going to plan evening dates with boyfriend few times a months. By the way, @tuitree, I love your daugher's name, Ayla is fabulous.

Hey - just wanted to say that I'm 25.5 weeks with our first (a girl) and we currently live with my mom and dad, so grandma and grandpa will be a big part of baby girl's life when she arrives. So I've already thought about a situation like this coming up and it was making me a bit nervous - so this has been very interesting and helpful to read! Thanks for posting, all of you!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

You know, at only four months, Nelly doesn't even see you and her as separate people yet. I did not know this before Lev was born, but I was told that this is where separation anxiety comes from- they figure out that you are separate people (usually sometime between nine months and two years.) That is when they usually start showing a strong mama preference. It's not that they aren't bonded to you before then, just that they sort of take your presence for granted.

I am glad that the date went so well!